Windows 10: Windows 10 downloading updates passed data limit

Discus and support Windows 10 downloading updates passed data limit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 x64 1809 build downloading and installing updates even when monthly data limit is reached. So there is really no way to disabled updates at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tonycst, Apr 7, 2019.

1. tonycst Win User

Windows 10 downloading updates passed data limit

Windows 10 x64 1809 build downloading and installing updates even when monthly data limit is reached.

So there is really no way to disabled updates at all ?

I tried:

Group policy editor (dont have that on home edition)

Disable update service (something else will enable it and start it no matter what)

Blocking windows update address using hosts file (does not work)

Why in the world update is forced this way ?

Is there another way to disable updates ? Updates are bad 90% of the time and break stable system.

:)

tonycst, Apr 7, 2019
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Apr 7, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download December 12 CU KB4054517 x64 (510.9MB)

Brings system to 16299.125

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 downloading updates passed data limit - Similar Threads - downloading updates passed

2. Data limit closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data limit closed: I have windows 11, data limit closed, how I use internet. I can't use internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-limit-closed/fc6966ec-5322-40e6-9d6f-c30c061337b4
  3. Data limit closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data limit closed: I have windows 11, data limit closed, how I use internet. I can't use internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-limit-closed/fc6966ec-5322-40e6-9d6f-c30c061337b4
  4. data limit stuked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data limit stuked: in win 10 data limit stuked 0mb why ?please solution.gives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-limit-stuked/a49abc8d-25e5-4371-b1f3-8d0e31d95a6b
  5. Limited amount of Data durring day. Can I set to Download updates to windows 10 at certain...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Limited amount of Data durring day. Can I set to Download updates to windows 10 at certain...: Limited amount of data during day. Can I set up to download updates to Windows 10 at certain times? If so, How? Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-amount-of-data-durring-day-can-i-set-to/a5e0252d-a201-4ff5-847e-e5fcf14fb7fe
  6. Wifi data limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi data limit: I setup a wifi data limit and when it's reached a notification is sended to me. Can I disable wifi automatically instead? submitted by /u/Geekest07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv3gwv/wifi_data_limit/
  7. Windows 10 updates for limited satellite data accounts

Windows 10 updates for limited satellite data accounts: Hello, I live in the country and have to use satellite service for my internet. Unlike most people that live in populated areas using unlimited data cable providers, myself and many others have to pay for satellite data usage. It does not come cheap and my plan is set up...
  8. Windows 10 Automatic Updates causing problems on limited data plan

Windows 10 Automatic Updates causing problems on limited data plan: Hello I have been searching this for awhile now but can't seem to find a reasonable solution. My internet on my computer is connected via my mobile phone through tethering. It works well for my needs and I have limited data. Windows 10 Automatic Updates has been a...
  9. Best way to download the Fall Creaters Update on data limits?

Best way to download the Fall Creaters Update on data limits?: My internet has data limits. Which way would use less data for updating 2 PCs? 1. Update each PC through Windows Update. 2. Download an .ISO file on 1 PC and use it on the other. 95696
  10. How to download with a limited data plan

How to download with a limited data plan: Hi, I've searched on the subject, here and googling but not really finding an exact answer. I live in the country so only have broadband by satellite with limited data each month. I can't download windows 10 without just about using it up. I have a pc and a laptop. The pc has...