Windows 10: Windows 10 DPI Problem: Images Appear Wrong Size huge, blurry in Several Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 DPI Problem: Images Appear Wrong Size huge, blurry in Several Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 4K monitor with Scale and Layout set to 250% I think this is somehow causing images to appear inflated in certain apps. I wanted to post some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kaz_F, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Kaz_F Win User

Windows 10 DPI Problem: Images Appear Wrong Size huge, blurry in Several Apps

I have a 4K monitor with Scale and Layout set to 250% I think this is somehow causing images to appear inflated in certain apps. I wanted to post some screenshots to a wiki, but all my screenshots appeared blown-up and blurry. When captured in Snip & Sketch, they look to be the correct resolution, but when opened in Photos or various browsers and viewed at "Actual Size", the same image is huge and blurry. How do I fix this? I've already checked for Windows updates. I've attached some screenshots below:

:)

Kaz_F, Sep 8, 2021

2. Blurry images/icons on browsers, windows 10, dpi scaling problem

Scenario:

• Windows10 (version 1607)
    • Resolution 1980x1080 (HD)
    • Monitor laptop touch screen
    • Size 125% / 150%

Principal issue: all the images and icons on browser are blurry, tested on Firefox, Chrome and Edge. Follow a screenshot

Windows 10 DPI Problem: Images Appear Wrong Size huge, blurry in Several Apps fd1ba305-e358-4257-b55b-396829b509fa.jpg

Banally the browser goes zoom at 125% and the images goes to blur. Is Not ammissible and without a sense.

I have read some forum in the last week and many people have a similar problems

I think it is a problem of DPI scaling. I set my machine to use dpi scaling of windows 8, it's work for some apps but not for the browser.

Help us to get windows 10 to use DPI in the right mode.

I wait for some feedback

Thanks for support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Set windows at 100% size is not a fix or an answer. The people don't use an HD monitor to work with small app, fonts etc.

The people want sharp resolution!

sebastiano.riva, Sep 8, 2021
  3. annie8p8 Win User
    Blurry images/icons on browsers, windows 10, dpi scaling problem

im having same problem blurry txt and i updated the driver, unistall it reinstalled it did everthing possible to correct this problem. something is wrong with the dpi settings. its really bad in the brower you cant down size correctly . it looks like its
    running in safe mode and its not.

annie8p8, Sep 8, 2021
  4. yaqwsx Win User

Window 10 - blurry text in non-high DPI aware apps - try to fix it

Hello,

I upgraded to the Windows 10 becouse I was looking forward to per monitor DPI feature. This feature works well - except for the non-high DPI aware apps. These apps are rendered using DPI virtualization and appear blurry on high DPI displays. I've read some MS articles about it - the application is rendered using standard 96 DPI and then scaled up. Which seems wrong to me. The base DPI should be configurable!

I have a high-DPI display in my laptop and sometimes use classic external display. Why should I suffer blurry apps on my main display? If I use the "all displays same DPI fix" all apps are sharp. So if the base render DPI would match main display, I could get sharp image. And the scaled-down window on external display should look much better than the scaled up window.

I assume the value of render DPI isn't a registry key, but it is a hardoced constant in code. But it should be possible to change it with some nasty dissassembling, etc. I am not afraid of it. However I have no clue, where to start looking for it. Could you help me?

yaqwsx, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 DPI Problem: Images Appear Wrong Size huge, blurry in Several Apps - Similar Threads - DPI Problem Images

2. Wrong image size in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong image size in MS Paint: I had created a .png from Adobe Illustrator and when I open in Photoshop it is the size I want. 6". But when I open with paint it is 9". Why does this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-image-size-in-ms-paint/daa8b920-52da-439d-8c7d-68a2b714ff1c
  3. Pagefile huge size problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pagefile huge size problem: Hi there, My pagefile seems to be quite large at 11264MB, 11GB~. I am really confused why this has happened, even though I manually set my SSD to off, my secondary HDD to off and manually set my first HDD to on with 400MB to 1912MB the recommended. See picture for...
  4. Some apps appear blurry

Some apps appear blurry: I've recently run into a problem where some apps appear blurry. It used to just be for experimental apps that I coded myself, but I've found that now my minecraft launcher has become blurry too. I've already tried going to "Fix apps that appear blurry" but the setting was...
  5. Some apps appear blurry

Some apps appear blurry: Hello, Recently I have been experiencing some issues with two of my apps. Slack and Twitch appear blurry when the mouse cursor is not hovering over them. This started happening a few weeks ago and I can tell what's causing it. I tried a bunch of things I found online about...
  6. Is there anyway of fixing blurry apps without changing the DPI scaling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway of fixing blurry apps without changing the DPI scaling?: So my issue is that some of my apps (e.g. Audacity) looks blurry on my 14-inch laptop. I tried a few tutorials of changing the DPI but that just makes everything look smaller. Does anyone have the solution to fix this blurry issue without making everything look small?...
  7. Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10 Notification

Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10 Notification: I don't want to see the notification for fixing blurry apps automatically in Windows 10 machines is there any ways i could disable the same using batch file, Powershell script or registry as i need to map it in SCCM OSD TS...
  8. Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10: How do I get rid of the "Fix apps that appear blurry" VIRUS in Windows 10? It appears every time I start Windows or login and dismissing it or sending it to Notifications just causes it to appear again next time....
  9. Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Although the Photos app in Windows 10 is a smooth and useful application, some users have reported that when they use the Photos app to open images, it displays blurry images even when the images are of high resolution and [...] This post Photos app opens blurry...
  10. Blurry desktop background for huge image file

Blurry desktop background for huge image file: I made a desktop background in 3ds max and its of a robot standing on the moon. The actual image I is about 10k by 6k so I converted it to 1080p because I was having the same problem with the larger image. When I set it as my desktop background it becomes blurry. The stars...