Windows 10: Windows 10 drag and drop problems

Discus and support Windows 10 drag and drop problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey TenForums! Been struggling with Windows 10 since I installed it yesterday. Coming from Windows 7. The problem I currently struggling the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petterloppan, May 27, 2016.

1. Windows 10 drag and drop problems

Hey TenForums!

Been struggling with Windows 10 since I installed it yesterday. Coming from Windows 7. The problem I currently struggling the most with is ManyCam. For you who don't know what it is, it's a splitter or "fake webcam" where you can use videos/images/desktop/application as a webcam-source. I use it for my gaming mostly.

But, drag and drop to the manycam window won't work (for example drag an image from a folder to the playlist in manycam). Just a crossed circle. Worked perfectly in Win 7. I bought the new version (with support for Win 10), but it didn't help. I've tried some stuff. UAC is disabled. I've tried to change display drivers back and fourth, as well as mouse-drivers. No luck at all. BUT, it works just as it should in windows safe mode. So - you have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance! *Biggrin

:)

petterloppan, May 27, 2016

2. Desktop Drag and Drop Disabled in Windows 10?

I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium x64. I, also, use Fences and have lost the ability to drag and drop my icons into the correct "Fences." I can not Drag and Drop at all. I can Copy and Move but I cant Drag and Drop. HELP, please. Thanks.

DevilInExile, May 27, 2016
  3. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, May 27, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 drag and drop problems

If the problem is only with a particular piece of software. It would need to be addressed to who ever the vendor who made the software.

There is a lot of stuff out there that has not been updated to be compatible with Windows 10.

A lot has to do with the fact that the smaller companies will wait until after Redstone is released to release any updates.

bro67, May 27, 2016
  5. Thank you! Well, I thought of that of course. But they don't have any good and fast support alternatives, so I thought I'll try here first as it was kind of urgent for the weekend gaming.

Anyhow, I managed to get it to work! The problem was that I was running the program as administrator, and as I understand explorer is not, hence the compatibility problems. Thank you guys anyhow! *Smile

petterloppan, May 27, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    No problem asking. Usually I get beat up for giving a straight forward answer.

That is because without having the machine physically in front of us. We have to place blame on what causes the problem and work backwards.

Try running it in backwards compatibility for either XP or 7 and see how it works.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 drag and drop problems

1. Windows 10 drag and drop problems - Similar Threads - drag drop problems

2. drag and drop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag and drop problem: I haven't found anything online that answers this issue. When I click on a single file or group of files, hold the left mouse button and the Control key, as I drag the files it says "copying files to". But, when I release the mouse button it says "moving files to" and begins...
  3. drag and drop problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag and drop problem: I haven't found anything online that answers this issue. When I click on a single file or group of files, hold the left mouse button and the Control key, as I drag the files it says "copying files to". But, when I release the mouse button it says "moving files to" and begins...
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. drag and drop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop - windows 10: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.630 I've been using program launcher powerpro for 15 or more years with no problems under windows XP and windows 7. PowerPro Now, under windows 10, I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping files from the file manager onto...
  6. mouse drag/drop/selection problem

in Windows 10 Support
    mouse drag/drop/selection problem: hello. I have a logitech M510 and M705 mouses. i primarily use the M705 mouse when I had this problem. I tried the M510 to see if its a mouse problem, Its a very annoying problem. I am having trouble dragging and dropping files. when dragging, it cuts out on me. other...
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Windows 10 and Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Drag and Drop: Hello, When does drag & drop in Windows 10 (between two folders) copy the file and when does move it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-drag-and-drop/f0cde1ac-7711-4495-9779-0002e2bd150b"
  9. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  10. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 drag and drop issues

2. windows 10 cannot drag and drop on thunderbird

3. windows 10 cannot drag and drop the window

4. drag & drop commands,
  5. drag and drop problems,
  6. drag and dop software issues,
  7. windows 10 drag windows problem,
  8. windows 10 issue with drag and drop,
  9. fences issue windows 10 drag and drop ,
  10. how to solve the problem of drag and drop in windows 10