Windows 10: Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019

Discus and support Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, On my Windows 10 machine under File Explorer I can no longer drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file. Usually I can just drag a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grip71, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Grip71 Win User

Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019

Hi,

On my Windows 10 machine under File Explorer I can no longer drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file. Usually I can just drag a file and over a zip file just drop it, but it wont even highlight the zip file.

Any ideas why?

Ian Johnston

:)

Grip71, Jul 5, 2019
  2. DaMulta Win User

Combining 1000s of PDF files with drag and drop

OK I need to know how many files I have. The problem is that there is more than one file per PDF.

Is there a was to combine all of them into one PDF drag and drop stile by the 100s?

DaMulta, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jul 5, 2019
  4. wayneh Win User

Drag and drop files

Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019 [​IMG]
    when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to.
    Is there a way to turn this feature off ?

IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT. CAN IT BE CHANGED TO HIDDEN OR SOMETHING>?

wayneh, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019 - Similar Threads - Drag Drop File

2. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  3. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  4. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  5. Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file: Under File Explorer I cannot drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file no longer. This feature used to work but now I am unable even to highlight the zip file...
  6. Drag and Drop to move files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to move files not working: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.407). I was trying to move a folder to another folder. So I did the following: 1. I dragged the folder to be moved with mouse. 2. Pressed Alt+tab to switch to the target folder. 3. The...
  7. Cant drag and drop files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant drag and drop files in windows 10: i just cant drag things from the desktop to any folders i have to cut and past it.... any solution. 13960
  8. Drag & Drop file increment?

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag & Drop file increment?: Is there a way I can change the behaviour of drag and drop files in file explorer so that if the file exists its filename is extended by an incremented number. (Sorry, that sounds confusing). e.g. drag abc.jpg on c:\ to abc.jpg on f:\. If abc.jpg on f:\ already exists then...
  9. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....
  10. File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work: Hello, when I try to drag and drop a file using file explorer, it shows a red "unavailable" icon. I also haven't found a way to disable the annoying time and date text at the bottom left of the lock screen (which was easily done in Windows 8.1 as documented on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zip my file drag and drop

2. zip win 10 not working

3. unable to drag and drop into a zip file