Windows 10: Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and...

Discus and support Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So, recently I've installed Windows 10 and a bit of some software. Then, I've made some changes, listed below. Changes in Registry:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VELFR_TRUE, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and...

Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and... CtA3XdeJURGWjDUWYiHZv5YqBzM7ecCE1SQeEnJrlQA.jpg

So, recently I've installed Windows 10 and a bit of some software. Then, I've made some changes, listed below.

Changes in Registry:

• Program Files (also x86 and W6432dir) path: D:\Soft
    • Common Files (also x86 and W6432dir) path: D:\CommonFiles

Changes in User Folders:

• Moved every folder (like Downloads, Pictures, Documents, Video, etc.) to D:\users\username

Now every time 5 minutes after startup system creates a new desktop over original one. It is not a Virtual Desktop that you could create with Win+Ctrl+D hotkey, but a broken clone of default main Desktop.

Here's how it looks like:

At first glance, perfectly normal first launch desktop

But here's my main taskbar showing over a bugged one

Some app is listed in Taskbar, but its button doesn't have an icon. Trying to open it throws this error

List of available drives is incorrect, there should be more. In main instance of File Explorer, list of drives is correct

What could be causing this issue? How it could be fixed, optionally keeping most of my changes intact? I want to install software and store personal files on another drive by default.

System is Windows 10 Pro N edition.

submitted by /u/VELFR_TRUE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VELFR_TRUE, Jan 11, 2020
  2. newn Win User

Windows 7 - change user temp folder.

Hi all,
    i would like to change user temp folder, becausze i can't install Nero. How to do that? I know how to change Windows temp folder, but not user.

3. MDJ
    MDJ Win User
    Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

4. Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and...

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and...

1. Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and... - Similar Threads - draws additional broken

2. Taskbar is broken after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is broken after restarting: Ok, bear with me. Recently, I’m having issues with the task bar that wasn’t responding. Probably this issue occurred when i accidentally click the update driver to HP Firmware Pack AMD Processors from HP Support Assistant, and i click the cancel button abruptly while it’s...
  3. Taskbar is broken after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is broken after restarting: Ok, bear with me. Recently, I’m having issues with the task bar that wasn’t responding. Probably this issue occurred when i accidentally click the update driver to HP Firmware Pack AMD Processors from HP Support Assistant, and i click the cancel button abruptly while it’s...
  4. Taskbar is broken after restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Desktop and Taskbar flashing after login on one user but not the other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop and Taskbar flashing after login on one user but not the other: Hello everyone, I have been facing an issue as described in the title that suddenly after logging into my admin user the desktop and taskbar starts to flash very quickly and no icons appear,The task manager works properly and any other user also works smoothly just this user...
  6. Default desktop folder got messed up after changing the user folder name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default desktop folder got messed up after changing the user folder name.: So I've wanted to change my user folder name because it looked ugly I followed a great step everything worked until I restarted my computer. The default desktop would not open itself since the path is related to the old user folder name I've changed the ProfileImagePath in...
  7. Taskbar and desktop changed

Taskbar and desktop changed: I recently attempted to adjust the "view" settings in my Quicken program. When I was done my desktop and taskbar had changed in the following ways: Desktop-I get no choices when I right-click on the desktop. My applications, which used to appear above the windows start...
  8. Change windows 10 user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change windows 10 user folder: Some days ago my system got a weird error, and it created a new empty user folder called TEMP, which is now linked to my original user. The folder for the original user is still there, but there are no other users to select from in the login screen. How can I change the user...
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Icon broken for Twitch Desktop App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icon broken for Twitch Desktop App: In the taskbar, instead of displaying the Twitch App icon, it shows a generic broken icon Things I've tried: -uninstalling and reinstalling the app -clearing my icon cache and restarting -restarting windows explorer process I've tried several troubleshooting guides to...