Windows 10: Windows 10 drive compression

Discus and support Windows 10 drive compression in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have accidentally checked the box for drive compression in the disk cleanup tool. I tried to go on drive, properties and uncheck the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mario.Rossi, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 drive compression

Hello,

I have accidentally checked the box for drive compression in the disk cleanup tool. I tried to go on drive, properties and uncheck the compression box, but many files are still compressed because they were opened during the process (system files) and when I install new software it is automatically compressed.

I tried to go in Safety mode and manually uncheck the compression box everywhere but there are still files running during the process and new programs still get compressed. I tried with the command: compactos /s /u but it says "Access denied" even in safety mode with admin privileges.

Now the compression tick-box in drive properties in unchecked but there are still files compressed. What can I do?

:)

Mario.Rossi, Apr 27, 2019

2. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 drive compression

Delta6326, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 drive compression

1. Windows 10 drive compression - Similar Threads - drive compression

2. My compressed drive will not boot win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My compressed drive will not boot win 7: My compressed drive will not boot win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-compressed-drive-will-not-boot-win-7/214e84de-93a6-4ef3-9f53-81ed24f53cbc
  3. My compressed drive will not boot win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My compressed drive will not boot win 7: My compressed drive will not boot win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-compressed-drive-will-not-boot-win-7/214e84de-93a6-4ef3-9f53-81ed24f53cbc
  4. moving one drive vs compressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving one drive vs compressing: i am running out of space on my hard drive. can i move the onedrive app to an external hard drive and have it still run or can i compress it to save space? Which would be better in terms of saving space?...
  5. moving one drive vs compressing

moving one drive vs compressing: i am running out of space on my hard drive. can i move the onedrive app to an external hard drive and have it still run or can i compress it to save space? Which would be better in terms of saving space?...
  6. can't mage to move a compressed file from my hard drive to a usb drive did ever tutorial on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't mage to move a compressed file from my hard drive to a usb drive did ever tutorial on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/helplzhescoeming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v61vmz/cant_mage_to_move_a_compressed_file_from_my_hard/
  7. Excel file on compacted/compressed NTFS drive not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file on compacted/compressed NTFS drive not opening: I very recently compressed my drives recently to save space, but the first time I tried to open an Excel file, in one of my drives, instead of opening normally it just gave me a save option!!! and it could only save the file as *.xlsm, which I could not open either.I tried...
  8. Excel file on compacted/compressed NTFS drive not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel file on compacted/compressed NTFS drive not opening: I very recently compressed my drives recently to save space, but the first time I tried to open an Excel file, in one of my drives, instead of opening normally it just gave me a save option!!! and it could only save the file as *.xlsm, which I could not open either.I tried...
  9. Excel file on compacted/compressed NTFS drive not opening

10. I accidentally forced shutdown my laptop while compressing my C: drive. Will it render my...

I accidentally forced shutdown my laptop while compressing my C: drive. Will it render my...: I forced shutdown my laptop, not remembering that I was compressing my Windows drive. I panicked and booted it up, I was greeted with the message "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.". It proceeded to boot up normally, and I'm...