Windows 10: Windows 10 drive encryption

Discus and support Windows 10 drive encryption in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I encrypted my Windows 10 ssd drive on my old laptop. Got a new laptop the past week and transferred all data so didn’t need the old ssd. I tock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/martynbez, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 drive encryption

So I encrypted my Windows 10 ssd drive on my old laptop. Got a new laptop the past week and transferred all data so didn’t need the old ssd. I tock this ssd and placed it in an external enclosure and plugged it into my home pc. The drive started to decrypt automatically without and prompts for decryption key etc. Surly that’s not right? What’s the point of encryption?

submitted by /u/martynbez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/martynbez, May 3, 2020

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 3, 2020
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 drive encryption

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 drive encryption

1. Windows 10 drive encryption - Similar Threads - drive encryption

2. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.: I had enabled encryption on one of my drives but now it won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. Even in system information, there is no BitLocker drive encryption option and drive encryption support says not supported. I am using Windows 10 Pro Education....
  3. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.: I had enabled encryption on one of my drives but now it won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. Even in system information, there is no BitLocker drive encryption option and drive encryption support says not supported. I am using Windows 10 Pro Education....
  4. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  6. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  7. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...: I just Changed a minimum bios change what I have found after that is my all the drived are locked with bitlocker. I can't even access my data. I need help. Please anyone help me. btw I have tried to access my key in mycrosoft devices but found nothing rather it shows an...
  9. I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...: I just Changed a minimum bios change what I have found after that is my all the drived are locked with bitlocker. I can't even access my data. I need help. Please anyone help me. btw I have tried to access my key in mycrosoft devices but found nothing rather it shows an...
  10. What to do if windows encrypted my drive without notice and requests bitlocker key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if windows encrypted my drive without notice and requests bitlocker key?: My main problem is that Windows encrypted my internal SSD on my laptop, the one where my Windows is located, so I am locked out of it.Summary of all the actions in points:1. I never had BitLocker turned on in Windows, that's for sure since I installed it.2. I used a Windows...