Windows 10: Windows 10 Driver for Mapped Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Driver for Mapped Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The setup: Desktop PC at 3.5 GHz 16 GB RAM with Win 10 x64 and C: is Samsung 500 GB SSD MediaSonic Probox HF2-DU3S2 4 Bay 3.5" Enclosure - All 4 bays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dvongrad, Aug 10, 2018.

1. dvongrad Win User

Windows 10 Driver for Mapped Drive

The setup:

• Desktop PC at 3.5 GHz 16 GB RAM with Win 10 x64 and C: is Samsung 500 GB SSD
    • MediaSonic Probox HF2-DU3S2 4 Bay 3.5" Enclosure - All 4 bays containing 3 TB drives
    • MediaSonic ProBox HFD1-SU3S2 4 Bay - All 4 bays containing three 2.5" SSD drives of varying sizes and one 3.5" drive
    • Vantec 4 port Superspeed USB 3.0 Hub being connected to two 2.5" Seagate 2 TB and one Western Digital 2 TB
    • Hub and both ProBoxes connected to USB 3.0 expansion card in PC (unknown brand without opening up PC)

All 11 drives are mapped to a folder on C:, ie: C:\HDD\WD 2000.

The issue:

Windows Defender notification has a yellow exclamation point. Opening it indicates that Device performance an health troubleshooter says the all of them have a driver problem.

Attempted solution (as per MS Chat Support suggestions):

• Turn of all startup apps (except Defender Notification so I can see if issue reoccurs)
    • Turn off all non-Microsoft services
    • Restart in clean mode

At this point, I accessed the mapped drives. I even restarted without doing anything at all. But no matter what, Defender notification eventually showed the yellow exclamation mark.

This is not an issue that prevents the use of the PC or drives. It's just annoying that Defender Notification thinks there's an error and could potentially "hide" another more serious problem. The last thought I had was to determine what brand the USB 3.0 adapter card is and see if there is a firmware upgrade. Maybe it's just not powerful enough to handle three fairly "heavy" connections. I really don't want to disconnect everything from the PC (including a printer, scanner and two other external HDD connected to a USB 2.0 hub (which itself is connected to a USB 2.0 adapter card) just to learn there is no firmware upgrade or I need a card with a little more power. Perhaps if I rebuild the entire system in the future, I'll open it up to see if anything software related might help.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or is it something I have to live with for the time being? If there is another discussion in the forums that discusses and solves this issue, please direct me to it.

Thanks.

:)

dvongrad, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Driver for Mapped Drive

Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Driver for Mapped Drive

1. Windows 10 Driver for Mapped Drive - Similar Threads - Driver Mapped Drive

2. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  3. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  4. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  5. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  7. Mapping a network drive windows 10

Mapping a network drive windows 10: Hi All, I have tried to map an old network drive to my PC which hasn't been connected since win 10 update, it is a Lenovo/EMC product that is no longer supported and Lenovo EMC storage manager (On my old pc)) doesn't appear to be working. (Says the device if offline). I...
  8. Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution

Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution: I have done the solution of windows 10. download MediaCreationTool1809 from windows website and install it after that restart your system and make sure your firewall is on condition.
  9. Windows 10 map network Drive

Windows 10 map network Drive: I got the solution of WIndows 10 map network drive connect. Please install MediaCreationTool1809 and switch on firewell setting. then restart your system. You’ll got activate your map network drive....
  10. Map Network Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Map Network Drive in Windows 10: How to: Map Network Drive in Windows 10 How to Map Network Drive or Disconnect Network Drive in Windows 10 When you map a network drive, you are creating a shortcut in This PC to a shared folder or computer on your network. A mapped network drive has the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external drive mapped to folder has driver problem