Windows 10: Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc

Discus and support Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So here's the story, last night at 10:30pm on June 21st, i was just about to close my laptop down for the night when I noticed that there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by iurock8950, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc

So here's the story, last night at 10:30pm on June 21st, i was just about to close my laptop down for the night when I noticed that there was a notification on the action center saying "driver out of date, reboot to apply." So I did it and left it to do it overnight due to my slugish internet connection. Now, i admit, I have only been shutting down my computer all the way only about once every two weeks but even then, it was due to it having small problems that a reboot fixed easily. So when I woke up in the morning (about 9am EST) the laptop was at the sign-in screen. so I got on and it was extremely slow while signing in. I entered my password and the screen went grey as if it was signing in. So I got on my phone to check out some twitter things and looked up and a small box had appeared saying something along the lines of "error code (I don"t remember), press OK to terminate the program". So I clicked OK and it didn't respond. I held down the power button so it shutdown completely and turned it back on. This time, it was even slower than before and with constant singular flashes of grey screens and I couldn't even get to the sign-in page without a long and constant grey screen. After a little bit of internet browsing on the Raspberry pi 3 b+ that in next to the laptop, I found a SINGLE person with the same problem but no-one had responded to his comment on a fourm discussing recent bugs with the newest update of windows 10. Looking into possible solutions, I found a way to get to the troubleshooter via the sign-in screen, ran the troubleshooter and weirdly, at the end of the process, it said that the troubleshooter was not available and to try again later with another error code that I don't remember. So here I am now, at 2:32pm EST and leaving to go to my job at 3:45 and won't be back until like 10:30ish so if someone does find a solutions or has further questions, I might not be able to respond until maybe tomorrow morning. Thanks to all who help me find out the solution to this problem but it isn't completely in dire need of a solution as I am almost done getting parts to build a desktop PC soon. Also, two more things: The specs are an i3-7100u, intel hd graphics 620, 8 gb of ram and a 1tb Hard Drive. The second thing is, please don't say "just buy a new laptop" or something stupid like that as I am devoting my earnings to the desktop build and not something that will last me another 2 weeks until I can finish up my desktop.

:)

iurock8950, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc

1. Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc - Similar Threads - Driver Update has

2. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc: Windows update 17/11 has totally stuffed my PC . It took me over 12Hours yesterday to unbrick it having tried multiple times in recovery mode to start repair, chkdsk repair etc, I was finally able to perform a system restore in RECOVERY to get it going after BSOD.Today it...
  3. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc: Windows update 17/11 has totally stuffed my PC . It took me over 12Hours yesterday to unbrick it having tried multiple times in recovery mode to start repair, chkdsk repair etc, I was finally able to perform a system restore in RECOVERY to get it going after BSOD.Today it...
  4. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My bluetooth driver has broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth driver has broken: I was trying to connect a Bluetooth controller to my computer to play a game, and when I connected the controller my Bluetooth stopped working. To fix the issue I tried to update drivers. This did not work. I tried to restart my computer, delete and reinstall the driver, roll...
  6. My bluetooth driver has broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth driver has broken: I was trying to connect a Bluetooth controller to my computer to play a game, and when I connected the controller my Bluetooth stopped working. To fix the issue I tried to update drivers. This did not work. I tried to restart my computer, delete and reinstall the driver, roll...
  7. My bluetooth driver has broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers: Hi, a recent forced windows update has broken all of the drivers for my two graphics tablets. One pen does not register movement correctly and the other does not register at all. I have reinstalled the drivers for both tablets several times to no effect and digging around for...
  9. Windows 10 Update has broken some drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update has broken some drivers: I've had some strange issues with Windows 10 since buying a new laptop 15 months ago. I kinda got over one problem, but it still causes me problems today. It's something you don't expect when you spend quite a bit of money on what you believe to be a good product. You don't...
  10. windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc: An auto update of windows 10 yesterday on my laptop happened! At 30% into the process it always closes the laptop down. This time I got a blus screen message when I powered the laptop up again. "Your pc ran into a problem etc" It closed my laptop automatically and then a...