Windows 10: Windows 10 driver update through windows update

Discus and support Windows 10 driver update through windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm Ben I've just upgraded to the latest Windows 10 October update yesterday. But that's not the problem the problem is that when I click "check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThatOneName, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Windows 10 driver update through windows update

Hi, I'm Ben I've just upgraded to the latest Windows 10 October update yesterday. But that's not the problem the problem is that when I click "check for updates". It does accordingly but then it tries to update my AMD graphics card to a version that my "Catalyst manager" DOES NOT WORK WITH. Since I have two GPUs in my laptop. Does anyone know how I can STOP windows update from updating my GPU?

System

MSI GX60 1AC

Windows 10 October update 1809

:)

ThatOneName, Oct 3, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 3, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows 10 driver update through windows update 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 driver update through windows update

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

I have never intentionally used windows to provide my device drivers (except for older printers without Vendor drivers for clients). I only manually update from the vendor websites. Will just have to make a list of things to disable/remove if I finally decide to load it up on a machine.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 driver update through windows update

1. Windows 10 driver update through windows update - Similar Threads - driver update through

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. Driver Updates Through Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Driver Updates Through Windows 10: I'm trying to decide how I want to setup my Windows update settings in regards to the driver settings. I know that I can disable driver updates in GPO settings, but I'm wondering if I should just let Windows install my drivers. I don't know which drivers it will attempt to...
  5. Updating Windows 10 through Powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Windows 10 through Powershell: I was just wondering if Windows 10 can be directy updated through Powershell without navigating through Settings> Update and Security. Is there a particular command that I can directly type and enter in powershell to update windows?...
  6. How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?: I'm getting this install when trying to update Windows 10: https://i.imgur.com/Jm1SAz4.png How do I disable this? I have no Corsair hardware (though I did, if it matters, but nothing Corsair is currently connected to my computer), and Corsair's VBus driver has bricked my...
  7. Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update: Hi So today Windows 10 decided to automatically update my nvidia GPU drivers to version 432.00. I don't mind that it updated them since i was running on an older driver version i think. But my question is : is version 432.00 a good version ? I mean does it have any real...
  8. Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update: Hi So today Windows 10 decided to automatically update my nvidia GPU drivers to version 432.00. I don't mind that it updated them since i was running on an older driver version i think. But my question is : is version 432.00 a good version ? I mean does it have any real...
  9. Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903: So I upgraded to 1903... and now the disable driver force is not working anymore with 1903, Windows 10 will download Intel DPTF drivers over and over again after each Windows reboot and put it into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution None of the options described here are...
  10. Windows 10 version 1809 to receive Printer drivers through Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 to receive Printer drivers through Windows Update: Microsoft pushed out the latest Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public on October 2nd. The update was later blocked due to major issues found during and after installation. However, the company has introduced some new features in the Windows 10 version 1809....