Windows 10: Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

Discus and support Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; VAIO users can’t benefit from the full Windows 10 experience Windows 10 was released in July 2015, but Sony recommended VAIO customers to wait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

Read more:http://news.softpedia.com/news/windo...d-496884.shtml

Microsoft Community: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=2&auth=1

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 29, 2015
  2. sllb2008 Win User

outlook 2003 won't open in Windows 10/ can't get old contacts, archives and saved emails/ can't find .pst files on computer

I can't open my old Microsoft outlook 2003...my Sony Vaio updated to Windows 10 has stopped opening it and I can't access my archives.

I tried to find the .pst files to save but these are also nowhere be to found !

How can I recuperate this information ?

sllb2008, Nov 29, 2015
  3. mslsml Win User
    Sony Vaio strongly recommend for not upgrade to Windows 10 on July 29!!!!!

Both of you, "downgrade" to previous O/S (you have that possibility inside Windows 10), you cannot install Windows 10 on Sony Vaio products without big problems and check Sony Vaio update for green light to Win 10 upgrade!

Doesn't mater what Microsoft app telling you, according to Sony, no update of Sony VAIO drivers for Windows 10 before November 2015, so best for all is to "downgrade" to previous O/S.

"Microsoft compatibility application for Windows 10" is joke, just as "Microsoft compatibility application for Windows 8". Microsoft destroyed millions of the PC's all over the globe with failed "Microsoft compatibility application for Windows 8", so don't
    believe them now. Wait Sony Vaio update green light from Sony.

mslsml, Nov 29, 2015
  4. StanP50 Win User

Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

Yes, this has definitely been a real pain, however I decided not to wait any longer for them and took the plunge, and upgrade my Vaio E Series SVE17122CXB to Windows 10 10586 last week. The upgrade went without a problem, had a few drivers (Windows 8.1) to reload from my driver store, and also went to RealTek and Intel and updated my wireless, NIC and video drivers. Now only have 2 unknown devices in device manager, had one before the upgrade, but the system is working great, no issues. Not saying that everyone with a Vaio should upgrade, but from my experience with the system I have, it was no problem.

StanP50, Nov 29, 2015
  5. seemebreakthis, Nov 29, 2015
  6. StanP50 Win User
    Yes, this is true, and has been since around the beginning of November, but if your model is not listed and there are a lot that aren't, most folks will believe they are out of luck in upgrading. While is may be true for a lot, it did seem to be true in my case, and I would think that might hold true for others.

As long as you make a backup image of your complete system before attempting an upgrade as I did, might as well take a shot and see what happens, could always fall back to the previous platform, However I would not recommend a fresh install, but rather an upgrade, as long as all of the drivers on the system are up to date. Seeing as my original was 8.1 and not 8, and all updates and drivers were current, may have helped with a smooth transition. Again, like with any major platform transition, caution and a backup plan are always good idea.

StanP50, Nov 29, 2015
  7. For my case (Sony VAIO Tap 11)... it is there in the list of models.

... but it turns out i don't need that upgrade 'driver' anyway. The special 'upgrade' mode did nothing to my machine prior to the actual upgrade, and after completing the upgrade it merely installed one single update (to Sony Control Center I believe) that can be downloaded anyway from Sony's website. Working like a charm now running on Win10 (except for a few Intel display driver problems which are not specific to VAIO the way I understand it)

seemebreakthis, Nov 29, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

"Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found"
    (Softpedia).

Actually the above statement is not true. (And I am not here to defend Sony. Just the opposite). Here is a model which has W10 drivers right now. They are in the drop down box. So there are probably other models with drivers available.
    https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...d#/downloadTab

But if your Vaio..... in your region.......does not yet have the W10 drivers and software in the drop down box, that is unfortunate. If your machine was purchased with Windows 8.1 you were probably expecting these drivers in November.....as promised by Sony.
    Anybody have a calendar handy? We must be getting near the end of November are we not?

scepticnothater, Nov 29, 2015
  9. The header of the webpage says 'Support from Sony for Windows 10 will vary by model'

Lenovo says something similar on this webpage Windows 10 Upgrade July 2015 / Version 1507 - Supported System List 'Lenovo supported systems list for Windows 10 Upgrade'

I have a Lenovo laptop which is NOT on the supported systems list, I bought it less than 2 years ago! Other Lenovo users in the same boat tried to upgrade to Windows 10 nonetheless, with mixed results, i.e. there are lucky and unlucky users. From the discussions on the Lenovo support forum I get the impression that the lucky users only needed functions that do not break with the upgrade to Windows 10, and the unlucky users need functions that do break with the upgrade to Windows 10. It is not just driver issues, it seems that there are hardware incompatibility issues as well, even on newish hardware. To be fair, you can't really design hardware for a future OS that does not exist yet, so when the OS does get released, the hardware may only support part of the functions of the OS.

I am pretty sure that Sony (and other manufacturers) have similar issues that Lenovo faces.

Edit: I do get the GWX nags on that particular Lenovo laptop, saying 'This computer is compatible with Windows 10'. Well, I am not upgrading that particular Lenovo laptop for now *Cool

FrozenCursor, Nov 29, 2015
  10. Looks like something is happening. Further to my earlier post.....a different Vaio model has just had W10 drivers added on the USA support site.

So.....I navigated to the UK support page for my own Vaio Laptop model....and it is currently offline for update.
    Fingers crossed.

scepticnothater, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

1. Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found - Similar Threads - Driver Updates Sony

2. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10: Recently i installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVE14A35CVH, and i have some trouble with the brightness. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not brightness. even if i change the setting from control panel to automatic nothing changes happens....
  3. Bluetooth hardware not found after update to Windows 10, Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth hardware not found after update to Windows 10, Sony Vaio: Hi, I couldn't find any Bluetooth hardware in device manger. Before update to windows 10 I could use my Bluetooth with no problem on my windows 7. I've also tried and installed any related Bluetooth driver I've found for this model, Sony Vaio VPCZ21C5E 64bit, but no...
  4. Sony Vaio SL410 Webcam not found after windows 10 updates to 20H2

Sony Vaio SL410 Webcam not found after windows 10 updates to 20H2: Hello Experts, I need help, my Sony Vaio SL410 Webcam not found after windows 10 updates to 20H2, even can not see it from device manager, any idea to resolve it?...
  5. Sony Vaio Operating System not found error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony Vaio Operating System not found error: I have an older Sony Vaio (2012 touchscreen all-in-one desktop model) that we upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade came out. On Friday we got the dreaded "Operating System Not Found" error. We were able to get into the BIOS once, by accident, and tried system...
  6. Windows unable to update (Windows 10) Sony vaio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows unable to update (Windows 10) Sony vaio: We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  7. Safemode on Windows 10 Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safemode on Windows 10 Sony Vaio: Hi, I switched off my laptop which is running on windows 10 when I saw it froze. Afterwards, when I switched on... It is not loading... It keeps restarting... but keeps failing. Does anyone know how to open on safemode ? I never updated the settings on troubleshoot/safemode...
  8. Question about Sony Vaio Drivers

Question about Sony Vaio Drivers: I have a sony vaio SVF15213SN Laptop. Sony recently released drives for it, but they say that you have to be on windows 8.1 for the drivers to download and then you can upgrade to windows 10. But I already upgraded (did a clean install) to windows 10 enterprise when it was...
  9. Sony Vaio svt13124be missing drivers after windows 10

Sony Vaio svt13124be missing drivers after windows 10: Hi People , I just wondered if anyone has same model and has missing drivers [img] Other devices then 2 yellow exclamation marks unknown device ( I think one is the card reader ) Thanks 13727
  10. Sony Vaio SFEP driver

Sony Vaio SFEP driver: I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW2S1E. It was upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade became available, but the Nvidia drivers weren't available so I put W7 back on. I now have a new laptop and decided to try upgrading the Sony again so our son can have it. I have done a few...