Windows 10: Windows 10 Driver Updates - GPO disabled - Avd. Setting but still on

Discus and support Windows 10 Driver Updates - GPO disabled - Avd. Setting but still on in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I saw a simliar older thread to this topic. But I thought maybe it also has something to do with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yves1, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Yves1 Win User

Windows 10 Driver Updates - GPO disabled - Avd. Setting but still on

Hi there,

I saw a simliar older thread to this topic. But I thought maybe it also has something to do with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update which was not out back then.

So what I have done so far is in my Hyper-V deployment VM turn off the Driver Updates in Windows Update according to https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html option one. Which we can see here:

Windows 10 Driver Updates - GPO disabled - Avd. Setting but still on [​IMG]

I also did the thingy on system -> Adv. Settings -> Hardware. But it seams different on Windows 10 Anniversary Update as you see here (sorry for the german):

Windows 10 Driver Updates - GPO disabled - Avd. Setting but still on [​IMG]

But if I take this perfect image put it on my Workstation Notebook. First time Windows Update runs it downloads all the drivers... That's not really the point of doing that... And especially if you have some special hardware...

What would happen if I disable Windows Update -> Install the drivers myself -> Enable Windows Update? Would It overwrite my drivers?

Thanks for your help

Cheers,
    Yves

:)

Yves1, Nov 10, 2016
  2. Sorinakis Win User

Poor battery life after Windows 10 Anniversary update

My drivers are up to date.

There are no obvious battery draining apps.

In order to disable the updates I used a GPO. Now they are disabled for good, not only temporary.

With anniversary update my battery still drains in 3 hrs, without it, in 9. I'm going to keep the GPO in place, thank you!

Sorinakis, Nov 10, 2016
  3. Group policy "Allow cortana = disabled" not working

Using 10 pro on a domain.

Yesterday my domain admin set "allow Cortana = disabled" in GPO - my client picked it up correctly and Cortana refused to work.

This morning it's working again. The GPO hasn't changed ("Allow Cortana" is still "Disabled") and GPResult shows that setting being implemented... But Cortana's not disabled.

Any ideas?

GaryMuston, Nov 10, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

No that would be OK. Also if you have the drivers already available to you, you could bring up the image with no network connection active, then update the drivers, and then turn the network loose. If all the drivers are already current, there'll be no need for WU to supply anything new.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Driver Updates - GPO disabled - Avd. Setting but still on - Similar Threads - Driver Updates GPO

2. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  3. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  4. Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates: In our environment, we are using Windows 10 20H2/21H2 enterprise. Automatic updates and access to all other Windows updates option is disabled by Group Policy Objects. Updates are deployed via SCCM in our environment.We have noticed that on few machines the Microsoft updates...
  5. Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates: In our environment, we are using Windows 10 20H2/21H2 enterprise. Automatic updates and access to all other Windows updates option is disabled by Group Policy Objects. Updates are deployed via SCCM in our environment.We have noticed that on few machines the Microsoft updates...
  6. Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows will not disable from GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows will not disable from GPO: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer today, I was configuring the policies I use in the GPO. I found that Windows defender doesn't seem to respond to the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus. As when I check Windows security Windows defender is still enabled. I am running...
  8. Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App: Hi We have lot of different computers and laptops in our school that might require from time to time to be used for examinations. In this regard we have one common user "Exam-User" that logs into any of the devices in the school based on availablity. The internet, when...
  9. Windows Updates GPO settings?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates GPO settings?: Just wondering here on this GPO setting which I am considering to change from Option 2 to Option 4 is which to Download the Updates automatically and have those installed on a schedule. The default schedule is 3:00AM but I tend to leave my laptop off entirely during the...
  10. disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO: I need to restrict the action to not admin users in the tablet model: venue 10 pro. I updated win 8.1 to win 10 pro. I install the Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 downloaded from the link below. Download Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10...