Windows 10: Windows 10 drivers vs OEM drivers laptop user

Discus and support Windows 10 drivers vs OEM drivers laptop user in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Team! I've old laptop Lenovo Y50-70 and i'm using drivers provided from Lenovo. Windows somehow decide to update some of them, but the version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by K.Mirev, Oct 17, 2020.

1. K.Mirev Win User

Windows 10 drivers vs OEM drivers laptop user

Hello Team!
    I've old laptop Lenovo Y50-70 and i'm using drivers provided from Lenovo. Windows somehow decide to update some of them, but the version that is finally updated are not listed at official OEM drivers. In this case at Lenovo site under my laptop model.
    Here is an example:
    OEM NVIDIA graphics driver from the Lenovo site version: 353.54
    Windows version after update NVIDIA graphics driver: 376.54

So my question is, should i stick with Windows recommended driver, or install back the old but certificate Lenovo driver for my laptop model.

How Windows knows which version to install for my GPU? Because since i'm with old GTX 860m, i don't receive driver updates anymore anyway.

Thank You in advance!

:)

K.Mirev, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 17, 2020
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 drivers vs OEM drivers laptop user - Similar Threads - drivers OEM drivers

2. Windows driver vs AMD driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows driver vs AMD driver: Hello, I was using the AMD Radeon software in my PC but the version was too old, it was 10.0.... or something like that but the latest version was 22.1. So I installed the latest version from AMD's website but after complete installation of that an windows update comes which...
  3. Windows driver vs AMD driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows driver vs AMD driver: Hello, I was using the AMD Radeon software in my PC but the version was too old, it was 10.0.... or something like that but the latest version was 22.1. So I installed the latest version from AMD's website but after complete installation of that an windows update comes which...
  4. Windows driver vs AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Admin vs User acc for driver updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin vs User acc for driver updates?: Should I sign in as admin to update drivers, like GPU drivers for example? Or dies it not matter if they are done from the user account? submitted by /u/AI-ape [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhp0xd/admin_vs_user_acc_for_driver_updates/
  6. Is this an OEM Driver?

Is this an OEM Driver?: Hello, I am running Windows 10 on Lenovo Ideapad 330-15ikb 8081F500GYHV. This notebook comes with Intel core i5-8250u eighth generation CPU, integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics and a discrete AMD 540 high performance graphics card so it is a hybrid graphics system. The AMD...
  7. Wait for OEM drivers?

Wait for OEM drivers?: Aside from various means of (manual) configuration, to enumerate a better matching ID for a device; must the official release of a driver be the only means of enabling a (better) system? 170741
  8. OEM VS generic GPU driver

OEM VS generic GPU driver: Hi, I wanna know something should i download the driver for my laptop's GPU from the laptop manufacturer's site or from the GPU manufacturer's site, like for example i have a Dell laptop with a Radeon GPU and an Intel GPU, so should i go to Dell's site and download the...
  9. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851
  10. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gaming laptop oem vs generic driver