Windows 10: Windows 10 drivers will be rolled out gradually

Discus and support Windows 10 drivers will be rolled out gradually in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft started to work on improving how drivers are pushed via the Windows 10 operating system's automatic update features. Windows 10 includes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 10, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 drivers will be rolled out gradually

Microsoft started to work on improving how drivers are pushed via the Windows 10 operating system's automatic update features. Windows 10 includes functionality to distribute drivers to user systems, e.g. when a driver is required for a device to work at all or properly.

While Windows 10 users may install drivers manually if available, many devices rely on these drivers initially or at all.

In late 2019, Microsoft revealed plans to make it easier to discover optional drivers through Windows Updates. Microsoft introduced yet another change in January 2020 that gives device manufacturers better control over driver distribution. One of the benefits allows manufacturers to flag drivers as incompatible with certain versions of Windows 10 to prevent device updates.

Gradual Driver rollout on Windows 10

Windows 10 drivers will be rolled out gradually windows-10-gradual-driver-rollout.png

Gradual rollout is yet another new feature that aims to improve drivers on Windows 10. Instead of pushing new drivers to all devices in the ecosystem right away, drivers are rolled out over time similar to how new Windows 10 versions are made available to a subset of devices at first.

Microsoft plans to monitor the driver using Telemetry to step in if a driver appears to be unhealthy. The distribution of the driver may then be paused so that issues may be investigated and fixed. A driver distribution may even be cancelled if no solution is found.

Gradual rollout drivers will only be made available to systems running Windows 10 version 1709 or later. Devices that run Windows 10 version 1703 or earlier will always receive the driver after the throttle is complete.

The entire gradual rollout process is divided into two phases:

1. The 30-day monitoring period -- Begins on the first day that a driver is throttled and ends about 30 days later.
    2. The driver throttling period -- Each driver is assigned a release throttle curve and a risk is assessed against several factors. Microsoft lists three typical throttle curves:
      1. Throttle through 1% go 100% of the retail Windows population.
      2. Throttle to 100% of the retail Windows population.
      3. Throttle with an initial set of a highly active population before progressing to 1% to 100% of the entire retail Windows population.

The throttle curve is "tightly related to its risk assessment". Microsoft notes that optional drivers are usually throttled to 100% immediately but subject to the 30-day monitoring period.

Closing Words

Drivers may be throttled going forward and high risk drivers may be released to a small subset of the entire Windows 10 retail population only to monitor the experience and react to potential issues before the driver is made available to a larger percentage or even the entire population.

The new gradual rollout feature may reduce the number of devices impacted by driver issues distributed via Windows Update.

Now You: do you install drivers manually on your devices? (via Windows Latest)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 drivers will be rolled out gradually appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade: I get "The specified account already exists" when trying to uninstall an old driver after upgrading to windows 10

Hi Nizar,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to Roll Back the driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the driver from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click on Roll back.
    Once the steps are performed, restart the computer and update the drivers. Check if the issue persists.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 10, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

1. Windows 10 drivers will be rolled out gradually - Similar Threads - drivers rolled gradually

2. Roll back driver option greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back driver option greyed out: Hi,Looking to roll back a driver that messed up a ton of peoples audio in our org but the roll back driver option in Device Manager is greyed out for everyone including admins. Is there another way roll back a driver? Thanks....
  3. Roll back driver option greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back driver option greyed out: Hi,Looking to roll back a driver that messed up a ton of peoples audio in our org but the roll back driver option in Device Manager is greyed out for everyone including admins. Is there another way roll back a driver? Thanks....
  4. Gradual Windows 10 crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gradual Windows 10 crash: Hi, I’m writing to report a crashing issue that I’ve been having with my machine for about 4 months.---My machine: running Windows 10 64 bit on Ryzen 5 3600XI first encountered the issue after about 8 months of using this PC without ever changing any components.---The...
  5. Gradual Windows 10 crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gradual Windows 10 crash: Hi, I’m writing to report a crashing issue that I’ve been having with my machine for about 4 months.---My machine: running Windows 10 64 bit on Ryzen 5 3600XI first encountered the issue after about 8 months of using this PC without ever changing any components.---The...
  6. Gradual Windows 10 crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 KB5000850 is now rolling out with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5000850 is now rolling out with improvements: This month’s optional update for Windows 10 version 1909 is now rolling out. As always, Microsoft has also published Windows 10 KB5000850 offline installers, which you can download to apply the patch manually on multiple configurations without connecting to the internet....
  8. Windows 10 new driver system is rolling out: What you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 new driver system is rolling out: What you need to know: On November 5, Microsoft has started rolling out a new driver system that is intended to improve the overall experience but it could result in a frustrating problem for some users in rare cases. The new driver system is changing the way Windows Update deals with automatic...
  9. Windows 10: Intel rolls out huge driver & Graphics Command update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Intel rolls out huge driver & Graphics Command update: Intel has published a huge update for both its wireless driver and Graphics Command Center on Windows 10. Intel released two driver updates for Windows 10 users in August and the first week of September, but both updates were pulled after users reported installation issues....
  10. Twitter rolls out updated app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter rolls out updated app for Windows 10: [img] Twitter has finally updated the Windows version of its app to make it work well with the latest version of the OS, which is now rolling out to users globally. The changes mentioned on the Windows Store listing are as follows: Tweets with Twitter photos, Vine...