Windows 10: Windows 10 dropped its license

Discus and support Windows 10 dropped its license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello In October/November I forget exactly the date, I get a Windows update notification I think about the Windows 10, version 1903 and when I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EmperorAymen, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 dropped its license

Hello

In October/November I forget exactly the date, I get a Windows update notification I think about the Windows 10, version 1903 and when I tried to install it, I found that I can't install it without removing an essential software that I have installed Vmware Workstation 12 but I was working with that software in that period and I can't remove it even temporary just for the period in which Windows is updated. And after some weeks of ignoring that update, I started receiving a Windows popup "Your Windows License will expire soon". I think this is because the major update that I Always skipped to avoid deleting "Vmware Workstation 12". I panicked and after some days when I found some times to remove that software to finish the Windows update, I did it 07/‎11/‎2019 but I was Always receiving the same annoying popup. My system is up-to-date the latest update was installed on 14/‎12/‎2019.
    I bought this laptop with Windows 10 installed and this is the original installed system. So how can I get it back with its activation ? I'm from Tunisia and when I bought this Laptop, I don't any Windows serial key provided with the Laptop so I don't think how to get rid of this Windows popup.

I have Asus and I contacted their support with all the required information to resolve this issue but they said:

In order to respond to your request concerning the activation key for your computer, I would like to inform you, Mr. [REDACTED], that since Windows 8, the key is no longer supplied either to the user or even to the manufacturer, but it is registered in UEFI injected at the level of the motherboard I would like to inform you that it is unfortunately Microsoft's policy to fight against piracy, and we do not have as Asus technical service an internal procedure allowing to recover license keys and these are invisible to us.

The popup gets crazy "Your Windows License will expire soon" and I looked in some forums how to resolve this issue and I accidentally remove it using a command the product key is lost... But I have already the product ID associated to my Windows 10 Family Language unique.

If the support can do anything I can prove that this is the original installed Windows OS.

Can you please help ?

:)

EmperorAymen, May 14, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 14, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 dropped its license

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 dropped its license

1. Windows 10 dropped its license - Similar Threads - dropped license

2. Facing drop-down issue in one of the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing drop-down issue in one of the application: Hi,We use application IntuitiveERP in Windows 11. I'm not able to access any of the drop-down available in IntuitiveERP on in Windows 11. Works for every other user but the issue is only a particular user. We tried to format/reinstall windows 11 but the issue is not resolved....
  3. Facing drop-down issue in one of the application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing drop-down issue in one of the application: Hi,We use application IntuitiveERP in Windows 11. I'm not able to access any of the drop-down available in IntuitiveERP on in Windows 11. Works for every other user but the issue is only a particular user. We tried to format/reinstall windows 11 but the issue is not resolved....
  4. Why is there no BST showing in the drop down list of utc times for London?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no BST showing in the drop down list of utc times for London?: I live in a timezone that does not have daylight saving - ever! so my local time has a greyed out DST icon. Is this why I cannot set a second clock to BST when I try to set the timezone for London? MY London time is one hour slow as they have BST now and there is no BST shown...
  5. Why is there no BST showing in the drop down list of utc times for London?

Why is there no BST showing in the drop down list of utc times for London?: I live in a timezone that does not have daylight saving - ever! so my local time has a greyed out DST icon. Is this why I cannot set a second clock to BST when I try to set the timezone for London? MY London time is one hour slow as they have BST now and there is no BST shown...
  6. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins: Hello i have a Hp pavillion gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5600h3.30ghz, 8 gigs of ram7.34 usable for some reason and gtx 1650 in it. it was working fine for 3 years but suddenly 3-4 days ago it started getting fps drops in almost all games. i used to play csgo 2 at...
  7. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins: Hello i have a Hp pavillion gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5600h3.30ghz, 8 gigs of ram7.34 usable for some reason and gtx 1650 in it. it was working fine for 3 years but suddenly 3-4 days ago it started getting fps drops in almost all games. i used to play csgo 2 at...
  8. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  10. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...