Windows 10: Windows 10 drops internet connection

Discus and support Windows 10 drops internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, This problem occurs very regularly on my wirelessly-connected Lenovo Ideacentre 510S desktop PC running Windows 10 (81 times in the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JSP01, Feb 3, 2019.

1. JSP01 Win User

Windows 10 drops internet connection

Hi everyone,

This problem occurs very regularly on my wirelessly-connected Lenovo Ideacentre 510S desktop PC running Windows 10 (81 times in the last 3 days; source: netsh wlan show wlanreport). The internet connection just drops and then automatically reconnects after an arbitrary period of time.

I also have a Dell Dimension 4700 Series desktop computer running Windows XP Professional (also wirelessly connected) which doesn't have this problem (and the household mobile phones are all okay too) so I'm pretty sure my router is not the cause of the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks in anticipation of your help!

:)

JSP01, Feb 3, 2019
  2. ps957 Win User

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, Feb 3, 2019
  3. t_savino Win User
    Windows 10 keeps dropping Internet connection

Thanks for your suggestion to resolve this problem. I have tried this several times now and, of course, it requires you to be connected to the internet in order to check the connection. So, it does not find a problem with the internet connection as a result.

This tool does not seem equipped to diagnose why Windows 10 is dropping the internet connection. Could the re be another fix?

TS

t_savino, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue. Also install all pending Windows updates Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Step 1: Reset Internet Explorer.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Step 2: Reset Microsoft Edge.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Do let us know if you are able to get stable internet connection. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 drops internet connection - Similar Threads - drops internet connection

2. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  3. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  4. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Dropping Internet Connection Randomly

Windows 10 Dropping Internet Connection Randomly: Recently after I took the last windows 10 update, my desktop has been dropping internet connection randomly. I have adjusted the power/sleep settings, tried manually IP configurations and updated my network drivers. Troubleshooting states "the network interface intelr...
  6. Internet connection keeps dropping in Windows 10

Internet connection keeps dropping in Windows 10: I'm using windows 10 and Verizon wifi. I'm not a tekkie so can't tackle complicated issues. My router is a year old. It sits 3 ft away from my PC. Probably 25 times a day I lose wifi on the pc, but not on my laptop. Can you give me any ideas as to why this is happening...
  7. Internet connection drops?? . . .but shows connected?

Internet connection drops?? . . .but shows connected?: Periodically my laptop will not connect to Edge, Outlook, Extensions etc. However, in the Notification Area it shows connected. The affected laptop computer is connected wirelessly, both Ethernet 4 and Wi-Fi. Signal strengths look strong. I can get reconnected by simply...
  8. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: I have a dual boot desktop Windows 10 Pro & Windows 7 Ultimate. Both versions are installed on separate ssd hard drives. I never have a problem with Windows 7 dropping my internet connection. but do have this problem with Windows 10. I could run for days without any problems...
  9. Dropping Internet Connection

Dropping Internet Connection: Hi Everyone, hope everyone is well, I wonder if anyone could give me some help, I am asking for my sister as I will be doing the task. She has been having problems with her internet connection, as the laptop keeps dropping her internet connection, I have taken a look at the...
  10. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my internection drops out every time that my laptop is not in continual use. The connection actually says: "connect automatically" but it still goes off every time I leave my laptop for longer than 10 minutes or so. This is frustrating,...