Windows 10: Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing second ask

Discus and support Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing second ask in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I see that this question has already been asked, thread created on August 12, 2015 "Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing". However, inexplicably the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jeffrs2, Apr 10, 2020.

1. jeffrs2 Win User

Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing second ask

I see that this question has already been asked, thread created on August 12, 2015 "Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing". However, inexplicably the thread is locked.

I'm having the identical issue playing Jedi Fallen Order and previously Grim Dawn, so it does not seem to be game specific. I see frequent game crashes that create reports that supposedly get sent to EA. These appear to be specific game issues. However, many times while playing I get blue screens with data dumps, then a reboot, and often but not always the second monitor goes dark, and the adapter is no longer recognized. I found that unplugging / re-plugging in the monitor fixes the adapter problem, or sometimes just warm cycling power via the power button brings the display back. The main piece of information however, is unplugging the DVI cable from the second monitor totally solves the problems. There are no more game issues and no crashes. The presence of the 2nd monitor / adapter is definitely causing these game faults and OS crashes.

This system is a Ryzen 7 liquid cooled, AMD R9 200 GPU liquid cooled, Asus Strix X470 MB, 16GB memory. Memory diags pass, GPU and CPU simultaneous stress tests pass - all overnight. All MB and graphics drivers are current clean install of GPU drivers, Win 10 has all pushed updates.

The second monitor is s Sceptre X24WG-1080P. These are known to have power issues, but this doesn't appear to match those symptoms I will replace the caps anyway, parts on order.

Thank you.

Jeff

:)

jeffrs2, Apr 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update you graphic drivers and check

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.
    You may also install the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the graphic drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Refer the following Microsoft help article and check.

Connect a second monitor or projector.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing second ask

Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing second ask

1. Windows 10 Dual Monitor crashing second ask - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor crashing

2. [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.: I just installed a new (used) GPU and now cannot move mouse to second screen. Titan X GTX 12GB card. Monitors same make and model. ( Worked fine on prior GPU ) Second monitor has taskbar but no desktop icons. If I open programs that previously had panes on each monitor they...
  3. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.: Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the...
  4. Dual Monitor Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Crashing: So I have a dual monitor setup, one is a newer Samsung, the other is an older Viore (just something i had in the house). When i load up the CPU, both monitors are up (the second one is plugged in using an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter) But when i load up discord, it crashes the...
  5. windows 10 dual monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 dual monitor: So I use windows 10, much to my dismay, 7 was better, and when I have 2 monitors setup and go into fullscreen in a video game, whatever that was showing on one of my screens gets reset to desktop, and the tab of music or anime or movie that was open goes behind the fullscreen...
  6. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  7. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen: Hello, is there a way to put second monitor to sleep when lock screen is on? When I lock computer, my second monitor is black (normal behaviour), so i want to turn it off automatically to save power, and leave primary monitor on. Thanks. submitted by /u/PovilasC [link]...
  8. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim: I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. The Lenovo is my main PC monitor. In settings, when I set the monitor to the Lenovo only, the display is fine; when I set the monitor to the Samsung only, the display is fine. When I...
  9. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on: I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second monitor (ASUS) is connected via HDMI at also at it's native resolution 2560x1440. Both monitors go to sleep properly...
  10. Dual monitors causes crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitors causes crash: Upgraded my system with 2x Dell U2415Q (run on GTX 970). When I have both moniters turned on and they go to sleep. Windows crashes when I try to wake them up (they are stuck in sleep mode and looking for signal). If I turn of either one of them 10166 (and all builds I...