Windows 10: Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule

Discus and support Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I a windows 10 PC that auto logs in with an account and displays two applications on two separate Displays. Dell 3040 sff windows 10 pro 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wheels0234, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule

Hi,

I a windows 10 PC that auto logs in with an account and displays two applications on two separate Displays.

Dell 3040 sff windows 10 pro 1903

two display to HDMI cables running to TVs.

my issue is that when the displays turn off and then back on. the applications are all on display 1.

this use to function in windows 7 were they would stay on their respective TVs when they turn back on.

is there a registry key to remove the detection of display change?

:)

Wheels0234, Dec 12, 2019

2. Dual monitor problem: Wallpaper on both monitors turn black when using panoramic Windows themes

Hi,

As you are facing issues with adjusting the themes in Windows 10 for dual monitor, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the display drivers from the manufacturer's website, update the display drivers and check if it helps.

Refer: Dell UP2516D

Step 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the drivers manually.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

For more themes for Windows 10 refer to: Panoramic (dual monitor)

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the themes on dual monitor for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule

Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set up, Windows 10.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate for the detailed information, time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, could you please let us know, was it working earlier? If yes, was there any major change
    on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > System.
    2. Click on Display on the left pane.
    3. Click on Advanced display settings link on the right pane.
    4. You would see Display information for both the monitors.
    5. Click on Display adapter properties for Display 1 and
      Display adapter properties for Display 2 link.
    6. Check if the Screen refresh rate is same for both the display, if not please change either one to set them to same. Then click on
      Apply > OK.

You may also want to refer
    Set up dual monitors on Windows 10
    and
    Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10
    for more detailed information.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule

1. Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule - Similar Threads - Dual monitors Displays

2. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  3. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  4. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dual Monitor Display

Dual Monitor Display: I just recently got a PC and 2 monitors for my office. I have the PC and one monitor hooked together because there was only one HDMI plug. I ordered a dual HDMI splitter so that I could connect too both screens at the same time. However, I want the screens to be connected...
  6. Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...: submitted by /u/MotorBoats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hberh1/dual_monitors_all_appswindows_move_to_primary/
  7. dual monitor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor display: Hi I recently added an additional monitor using a usb to display port adapter. I am not able to drag open windows to the second monitor. Any ideas would be appreciated....
  8. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...
  9. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...
  10. Dual Monitor/TV set up turns off both displays when TV turns on

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor/TV set up turns off both displays when TV turns on: Hi guys, I have a Dell 23" monitor that i have been using on my desktop PC, i recently tried to connect my old TV with HDMI to it with HDMI to HDMI cable as a dual monitor set up or just to use as my default screen when watching movies. When I plug in my Dell monitor...