Windows 10: Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my current issue is that I have a "technical" two versions of windows on my drives. One is Windows 10 Home (the one that boots) and Regular windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrewBattin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue

So my current issue is that I have a "technical" two versions of windows on my drives. One is Windows 10 Home (the one that boots) and Regular windows 10 (does not boot, press f9 at start to reach windows 10 home)
    I migrated my windows files over to a SSD I got as a gift, but can't seem to shake the old win 10 version off my system. Normally, I would just delete the windows partition, but here's the issue:

Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue 3476e0b8-40da-4a8c-8c20-9d489b69e0ce?upload=true.jpg

SSD: C drive and G drive - C is normal storage with the boot, crash dump, and primary partition, with the G drive as the system reserved

HDD: F, Recovery and E drives, F being just a normal NTFS storage partition, E being the System (ALSO?) active primary partition (Bescuse me???), and the recovery partition.

What I'm gleaming from this is that during transfer something went tits-up and failed halfway through, but somehow still works?

I find it really odd that the boot partition is on the SSD, while the System partition is on the HDD. Is there any way I can fix this, since starting up requires user interaction to pass the "F9 for different OS" prompt?

And before you ask, Yes, I did have to use a whack-ass third party tool to transfer my files since windows is woefully lacking in the "I need to move shit" software department.

:)

DrewBattin, Sep 3, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue

Windows 10 Dual Monitor issue

Hi Lisa,

For us to better assist you with your dual monitor issue in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve this?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue

1. Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue - Similar Threads - Dual Versions bootup

2. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootup issue. used CHKDSK: Hi,I have a recurring problem where my PC needs to be hard rebooted 1-2 times before it actually turns on.These are what might happen to prompt me to hard reboot- Reached desktop screen but freezes.- PC turn on but black screen.- Reached bootup screen but freezes can tell...
  3. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootup issue. used CHKDSK: Hi,I have a recurring problem where my PC needs to be hard rebooted 1-2 times before it actually turns on.These are what might happen to prompt me to hard reboot- Reached desktop screen but freezes.- PC turn on but black screen.- Reached bootup screen but freezes can tell...
  4. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 bootup problem

Windows 10 bootup problem: Windows 10 corrupts my internet gateway when booting up. No problem if I disconnect ethernet cable to gateway first. Also no problem if I boot up windows 7. I didn't have this problem until lately. has Windows changed something to cause this?...
  6. Win 10 BootUp issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 BootUp issue: I have a Ideacentre 510A, i5-9400CPU, 20GB 20 gb memory and all Win10 updates are current. My issue is that when booting the system not boot directly to the home screen. The following appears: > Checking Media Presence > Media Present >Star PXE over IPVC on...
  7. Windows 10 bootup issues and performance

Windows 10 bootup issues and performance: So my Toshiba satellite laptop was updated to Windows 10 sometime ago, on a open download from windows. it originally had Windows 8. So I left the pc on for a week and when I went to wake it up from sleep it wasn't responsive. So I turned the pc off and still no response then...
  8. windows 10 bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 bootup: Help -- last night my system did an update and after the update i type in my password in the user -- and it does not recognized the user. that is the only user account i have, I do have another back up hard drive ( image from 0ne yer ago) that I can boot up with and log in....
  9. Dual Boot: Windows 10 and Previous Windows Versions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Dual Boot: Windows 10 and Previous Windows Versions: Staying updated with technology requires some effort, some of which includes bidding farewell to your old operating system and installing the latest release. If you have a perfectly working setup on your PC with an older version of Windows – you probably do not want to mess...
  10. Dual Boot: Windows 10 and Previous Windows Versions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Dual Boot: Windows 10 and Previous Windows Versions: Staying updated with technology requires some effort, some of which includes bidding farewell to your old operating system and installing the latest release. If you have a perfectly working setup on your PC with an older version of Windows – you probably do not want to mess...