Windows 10: Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side

Discus and support Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No matter what settings are used (flip long edge or short edge) Windows 10 ONLY prints flipping on the short edge. This is Windows-wide problem NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewBartlett1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side

No matter what settings are used (flip long edge or short edge) Windows 10 ONLY prints flipping on the short edge. This is Windows-wide problem NOT specific to a program. I've tried Word, Open Office Writer, Notepad, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox... ALL Windows printing "two-sided" is ONLY short edge. Even the latest drivers from Brother (the printer is a Brother HL-L8350CDW) do not help. I recently changed from a Mac which was more capable of printing properly, as my wife's Windows 7 laptop. This seems to be a Windows 10 Pro specific issue- and NO ONE has a solution.

Any ideas? It sucks having to make a document or save it on the PC, and move to my 10 year old Mac to print it b/c Windows is failing to follow a basic settings option properly.

:)

MatthewBartlett1, Sep 7, 2018

2. duplex printing in windows10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

The functionalities like Duplex printing depends on the driver software.

I would suggest you to install the latest printer software from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 7, 2018
  3. DerekB_99 Win User
    Duplex printing broken by Win10 update

I have a Samsung SCX4828FN printer which has worked well with windows and is able to duplex print. However, on updating to Win10 Home Edition - Version 1709 OS Build 16299.309 the duplex printing has stopped working. I have deinstalled print drivers, downloaded
    the latest and installed them, but there has been no change. The latest driver is dated: Sep 1 2017, file: SamsungUniversalPrintDriver3.exe, version: 3.00.13.00.4.

I have set and reset the duplex print, I have tried setting duplex to on, on the printer itself through the setup menu, tried emf spooling, tried printing directly to printer (no spooling), and lastly turning off advanced features. I have even run printui.exe
    /s and removed any Samsung references after a deinstall. None of the changes makes a difference - the printer will not print on both sides of a page since the Win 10 update.

I'm open to suggestions on how to get this working again. Thanks.

DerekB_99, Sep 7, 2018
  4. MiMi2x Win User

Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side

Duplex Printing with Kodak Office Hero 6.1 in Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and while my printer (Kodak Office Hero 6.1) will print... I no longer get the option to print duplex in the pop-up print box. I have a large project to print and don't want to print it on only one side... any suggestions?

Also noticed I cannot use the "print" buttons off an internet website for printer-friendly copy... ????

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MiMi2x, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side

1. Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side - Similar Threads - Duplex Printing flipping

2. Epson print not offering manual double sided duplex printing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson print not offering manual double sided duplex printing on Windows 11: I've recently got a new computer and installed Windows 11. On my old computer, I was always able to select double-sided printing manual. Now the double-sided option is greyed out and manual isn't even mentioned - This is pretty essential for my work! I'm using the EPSON...
  3. Epson print not offering manual double sided duplex printing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson print not offering manual double sided duplex printing on Windows 11: I've recently got a new computer and installed Windows 11. On my old computer, I was always able to select double-sided printing manual. Now the double-sided option is greyed out and manual isn't even mentioned - This is pretty essential for my work! I'm using the EPSON...
  4. Windows 11 - no duplex printing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - no duplex printing?: My new laptop with Windows 11 will not recognise that my printer is able to print duplex. It keeps saying Duplex enabled - NO! and I cannot alter this setting it seems. Duplex printing always works on my old Windows 10 laptop. So is this a problem solely with windows 11 and...
  5. Windows 11 - no duplex printing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - no duplex printing?: My new laptop with Windows 11 will not recognise that my printer is able to print duplex. It keeps saying Duplex enabled - NO! and I cannot alter this setting it seems. Duplex printing always works on my old Windows 10 laptop. So is this a problem solely with windows 11 and...
  6. duplex printing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    duplex printing in windows 10: We have 3 printers, 2 capable of duplex printing, and 1 old that is making a mess of duplex jobs. It has a duplex unit that is not ok. However, we like to use it until the end of its life, for one-sided documents! One or two years ago I in printer properties set 'no...
  7. duplex printing

duplex printing: How can I get my HP OfficeJet 3830 to print duplex automatic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplex-printing/4cfd2451-0811-4275-b6f2-42e49373efb9
  8. 2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing: I was able to use 2 sided long edge printing earlier today and now it will only print 2 sided short edge. I have changed the settings and it still not print on long edge...
  9. Print Duplex off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Duplex off: The latest windows update negated duplex orinting. Any help would be appreciated. Estelle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-duplex-off/f0c42c58-156b-49a1-8975-bf309dcf0004
  10. Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710

Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710: Am using Windows S Mode, Why cant I print double sided and flip on the long side using HP-8710? is there a driver upgrade for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-s-mode-duplex-print-flip-on-the-long-side/2aeef3b9-20d7-4087-bf6e-eef6f49a1f31

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows duplex printing short or long edge wrong

2. printer only printing on short side

3. brother printer duplex not long side windows 10

4. windows 10 duplex printing only flipped on short edge,
  5. windows 10 duplex printing issue,
  6. windows 10 duplex printing,
  7. windows 10 duplex printing problem,
  8. brother printer windows 10 prints duplex only on short side,
  9. brother printer only flipping short edge duplex