Windows 10: Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side

Discus and support Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No matter what settings are used (flip long edge or short edge) Windows 10 ONLY prints flipping on the short edge. This is Windows-wide problem NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewBartlett1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. MatthewBartlett1 Win User

Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side

No matter what settings are used (flip long edge or short edge) Windows 10 ONLY prints flipping on the short edge. This is Windows-wide problem NOT specific to a program. I've tried Word, Open Office Writer, Notepad, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox... ALL Windows printing "two-sided" is ONLY short edge. Even the latest drivers from Brother (the printer is a Brother HL-L8350CDW) do not help. I recently changed from a Mac which was more capable of printing properly, as my wife's Windows 7 laptop. This seems to be a Windows 10 Pro specific issue- and NO ONE has a solution.

Any ideas? It sucks having to make a document or save it on the PC, and move to my 10 year old Mac to print it b/c Windows is failing to follow a basic settings option properly.

:)

MatthewBartlett1, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Waseemulla S Win User

duplex printing in windows10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

The functionalities like Duplex printing depends on the driver software.

I would suggest you to install the latest printer software from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 7, 2018
  3. DerekB_99 Win User
    Duplex printing broken by Win10 update

I have a Samsung SCX4828FN printer which has worked well with windows and is able to duplex print. However, on updating to Win10 Home Edition - Version 1709 OS Build 16299.309 the duplex printing has stopped working. I have deinstalled print drivers, downloaded
    the latest and installed them, but there has been no change. The latest driver is dated: Sep 1 2017, file: SamsungUniversalPrintDriver3.exe, version: 3.00.13.00.4.

I have set and reset the duplex print, I have tried setting duplex to on, on the printer itself through the setup menu, tried emf spooling, tried printing directly to printer (no spooling), and lastly turning off advanced features. I have even run printui.exe
    /s and removed any Samsung references after a deinstall. None of the changes makes a difference - the printer will not print on both sides of a page since the Win 10 update.

I'm open to suggestions on how to get this working again. Thanks.

DerekB_99, Sep 7, 2018
  4. MiMi2x Win User

Duplex Printing with Kodak Office Hero 6.1 in Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and while my printer (Kodak Office Hero 6.1) will print... I no longer get the option to print duplex in the pop-up print box. I have a large project to print and don't want to print it on only one side... any suggestions?

Also noticed I cannot use the "print" buttons off an internet website for printer-friendly copy... ????

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MiMi2x, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side - Similar Threads - Duplex Printing flipping

2. Double sided printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double sided printing: I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10. I'm trying to print double sided on a Brother 9330CDW. There is no option to print double sided and in the settings it says Duplex Unit not installed (this is greyed out so I cant change it). I can print double sided on the same...
  3. Side by side windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0
  4. How do set a printer up to print 8.5 X 11 and not side by side?

How do set a printer up to print 8.5 X 11 and not side by side?: I've added a WIFI printer which will only print side by side....the preview shows a standard setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-set-a-printer-up-to-print-85-x-11-and-not/68baee4a-33c2-41a2-8bf3-c13f2cc6943d
  5. flip taskbar content

flip taskbar content: hello, please, is there any way to move start button, clock, tray icons to opposite side of taskbar like on attached photo (photoshopped)? i have taskbar on left side and start menu&icon is in top corner. it's simple annoying because i used to have it down... thanks for...
  6. Flip 3D

Flip 3D: Has anybody found a way to re-enable 'Flip 3D' in Windows 10? Just curious! *Smile 35942
  7. Printer not printing both sides of paper

Printer not printing both sides of paper: Hi I have a new ASUS UX305CA laptop preloaded with W10. It recognised my old Epson Stylus SX415 printer but will not act on selection to print both sides of paper. I seem to have the most up to date driver and I've tried removing and re-installing to no effect. Worked OK...
  8. Print on both sides Automatically Win10

Print on both sides Automatically Win10: My problem is that when I want to print on both sides the settings are suggesting "Print on both sides (Manually)" But I want it Automatically. The printer type is an HP LaserJet 755, networked. The printer itself is able to do this function with others computers running Win...
  9. Wireless Printer Will Not Duplex Print

Wireless Printer Will Not Duplex Print: I'm not sure this is a Windows problem. It may be an HP problem but I've not been able to get a solution on their forum so here goes a try on this forum My HP Envy 4520 wireless network printer will not duplex print when installed on my HP Pavilion Notebook. The printer...
  10. Only one side of laptop fan working

Only one side of laptop fan working: After disassembling and reasembling everything together, only right fan is working, and is going on full blast. I disconnected the right fan cable to see if left fan is working, it is working after I disconnect the right fan. But when connected the right fan back, the left...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brother printer windows 10 prints duplex only on short side

2. brother printer only flipping short edge duplex