Windows 10: Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings?

Discus and support Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently love the duplicate screen option for windows 10. I have a monitor, and a 1080p 55" screen above that that I use from my bed with a wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alext72888, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings?

I currently love the duplicate screen option for windows 10. I have a monitor, and a 1080p 55" screen above that that I use from my bed with a wireless keyboard and trackpad. The 100% text and app scaling looks great on my monitor, but too small on the tv.

Is there any way I can keep the duplicate screen setting for multiple displays, but set the scaling to 150% for the tv, and keep the 100% setting on the monitor? I'm fine with using additional software to do this.

Windows 10 Version 1903 i5 3570k 8gb ddr3 gtx 1070

submitted by /u/alext72888
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alext72888, Nov 9, 2019

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 different display scaling on different resolution

Hi,

So I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 docking station and a full HD Dell monitor.

The Dell monitor is connected to the docking station.

Windows 10 allows me to set different scaling for different display.

So in Surface Pro 3, I set the display scaling to 150%.

When connected to the docking, I set the Dell monitor display scaling to 100%.

It works without any issue.

However when I un-dock my Surface Pro 3 from the docking station, the scaling in my Surface Pro 3 will looks like 100% although in display setting it show 150%.

The desktop icon is very small and all the programs run in 100% scaling.

Sign in and sign out my account OR restart will solve the issue but it is very annoying.

I have another Surface 3 that is having the same issue. So I think that this is a Windows 10 bug.

Anyone can help on this?

intrious.seongliyn, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings?

Display scaling

Hi,

This issue with display scaling can be caused by an outdated display driver.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest updating your display driver directly from the manufacturer's website.

You can also refer to this article for more information on how to update the driver on Windows 10.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Arjay Dom, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings?

1. Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings? - Similar Threads - Duplicate display Different

2. Display Scaling Inadvertently set to 500

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Scaling Inadvertently set to 500: I am running Windows 10 Pro and use the Microsoft Office 365 suite. I inadvertently adjusted Display Scaling to 500 Microsoft Recommends Not Going There - My Bad. Machine rebooted and now objects on screen are huge and navigation is impossible. Can anybody tell me how to get...
  3. Windows 10 display scaling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display scaling issue: I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see and interfere with each other. But after installing Ubuntu onto the flash drive and doing my work there, I ejected the...
  4. How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Many users want to use different scaling levels for different monitor when using a dual monitor setup. If you are one of them and want […] This post How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.

Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.: I am using two outputs from the motherboard's onboard graphics, the HDMI and the VGA. The VGA is powering a single monitor on the rack and the HDMI is going to a 4-way splitter that powers 3 additional displays. Somehow the setting changes itself from "duplicate" to...
  6. Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays

Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays: Hello, I just bought a new Samsung Q60R 4K tv. When I connect it to my laptop via HDMI, it sets the resolution to 4k on both my laptop main display (which is only capable of 1600x900) and the TV so my laptop screen looks blurry as the Desktop resolution is 3840x2160 and the...
  7. Display scale / settings

Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...
  8. Windows 10 Display Scale

Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  9. Windows 10 Display Scale

Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  10. Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10: So I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and had everything working perfectly, no blurry texts in any application. However, a lot of applications now have really blurry text, including some installed apps like Device Manager. The problem goes away if I reduce scaling to 100% but that...