Windows 10: Windows 10 duplicate User login

Discus and support Windows 10 duplicate User login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently bought an Asus laptop for my wife and didn't realize that they now come with automatic face recognition so when it installed Windows it took... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CharlesI, Jan 17, 2021.

1. CharlesI Win User

Windows 10 duplicate User login

I recently bought an Asus laptop for my wife and didn't realize that they now come with automatic face recognition so when it installed Windows it took a picture of my face and kept going. After it was setup I looked up the instructions to change the face photo and sat my wife in front of it and it took her picture. It created a second user account with the same name. But in every instance of Users in the Control Panel etc. there is only one account so there is no option to delete the second one on the startup screen.

Now there are two on the login in screen, and the default is the wrong one. I tried doing a complete Windows 10 reinstall today, and as promised it wiped everything and installed Windows again - with the two identical logins intact. I wonder if it has created a second password for the same account. Any idea how to get rid of the second one?
    I've tried all of these solutions: https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/two-duplicate-user-names-on-windows-10-login-screen.html

Charles_I

:)

CharlesI, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Lee L. Win User

Duplicate user name in windows login

Hi Randy2L,

My name is Lee and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I found an article with similar issue:
    https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/two-duplica...

Try the solutions there especially the 3rd one. I had the same issue before and the 3rd solution from that link solved my problem.

If my suggestion did not solve the issue, please reply back so we can try other step.

Kind Regards,

< / L e e >

Lee L., Jan 17, 2021
  3. Ray60 Win User
    Duplicate user name at login

Hello,

I've repeated those steps with the same results. It tries to auto login with a duplicate account first but fails with an incorrect password. When I try the first account and enter the same password I set I log in with no problem. The duplicate account disappears when I disable auto log in. The problem seems to be this second account even when I enter my user name and password it's incorrect? How could that be? It's the same name as the first one it's very confusing.

Thank you.

Ray60, Jan 17, 2021
  4. EncinoMan Win User

Duplicate user name at login

Hi,

I am having the exact same problems as Ray60. I have tried the netplwiz 'solution' several times but that has not altered a thing.

When Windows first boots it tells me that my password is incorrect. I then select a duplicate account name that is displayed and enter my pin and I am let in. But when I search for a duplicate account within the Control Panel it does not exist. I have the only account and it is, of course, with administrator's access. What gives?

EncinoMan, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 duplicate User login - Similar Threads - duplicate User login

2. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  3. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  4. Duplicate login on Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate login on Windows 10 Laptop: I have tried the netplwiz and other methods of removing users so that my screen administrators only shows one user, then again re-confirmed my password so that the laptop will log straight in without prompting but it still comes up with two users on the login screen after a...
  5. Duplicate users when logging in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Duplicate users when logging in windows 10: After latest windows 10 update there appears to be duplicate users when im booting up my PC. I can not find that account anywhere so I can remove it. I would like to auto-login to my main account without password every time i boot up my PC [IMG] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Duplicate user name in windows login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate user name in windows login: I have two identical names on windows startup. I used Netplwiz and there is only one user in the user accounts panel. How do I eliminate the duplicate name? It was working properly until my system crashed. Now the log-in doesn't work with facial recognition or PIN. I...
  7. Duplicate User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate User: Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result....
  8. Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page: There is already an article with this subject but it says updated 18 July 2018 but all the articles are dated 2015. My question therefore is - is there any later information as all the suggestions I've read don't work....
  9. Duplicate user name at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...
  10. Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there: this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared [img] manage accounts shows only 1 user netplwiz shows only 1 user Attachment 41142 all default accounts are disabled [img] Where has...