Windows 10: Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc

Discus and support Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I believe there is a problem with my DVD/Cd drive not detecting my blank CD-R I am trying to burn a back up to CD from Windows Media Player But when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by artisan(2), Dec 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc

I believe there is a problem with my DVD/Cd drive not detecting my blank CD-R

I am trying to burn a back up to CD from Windows Media Player But when I put my blank cd in it doesn't see it

Same goes for trying to play a cd too

I have tried with iTunes...same problem.

Thanks Folks for invaluable advice.

Rob

:)

artisan(2), Dec 21, 2018

2. DVD / CD disc drive not recoqnized after Windows 10 installation (HP - PC 64)

Hi Hansvan,

As you are unable to access CD/DVD disc on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?

• What exactly happens when you try to access CD/ DVD disc drive?

• Were you able to see any error message/ error notification with this issue?

• Have you connected the drive to your computer and check if it is detected in Device Manager?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 21, 2018
  3. CD/DVD drive (EWindows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc

Optical Drive (CD/DVD) not detected by Windows 10

I know this has been asked in the community many times already by others, and i have tried all of those fixes. Nothing works for me. My laptop is a new Lenovo e560. The cd/dvd drive is detected in the BIOS - can even boot with another bootable DVD.

Steps already tried:

• LowerFilters & UpperFilters strings removed from under registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and rebooted the laptop.

• Added Controller0 key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\ and added a DWORD
      EnumDevice1 with value 1, and rebooted the laptop.

• In Device Manager, clicked View->Show Hidden Objects, expanded the
      DVD/CDROM Devices and uninstalled my DVD drive from the list. It never got detected or installed after a reboot - it's gone now, cannot see it anymore.

• In Device Manager, expanded IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. But the only thing here is
      Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI controller. There is nothing else there - no ATA Channel 0 or ATA Channel 1 (things that have been suggested to be deleted on other posts regarding this issue). So I uninstalled
      the SATA AHCI controller and rebooted. It just reinstalled it automatically. But no CD/DVD drive yet.

• In Device Manager, scanned for new hardware.

• And yes, I already ran the Hardware Troubleshooter.

I've gotten these above steps from the following posts:

Those helped a lot of people (try those first if you are having the same issue). But as you can guess none of those steps helped me, hence creation of this post.

TousifSaleh, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc

1. Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc - Similar Threads - DVD drive detecting

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fix CD or DVD Drive Not Reading Discs in Windows 10

Fix CD or DVD Drive Not Reading Discs in Windows 10: Dear Sirs, Windows 10 pro . My pc optical CD / DVD drive cannot read some disks . With microsoft mediatool I have succesfully created and burned Windows10 ISO direcly into dvd support at lower burning speed. After that, i loaded the DVD into the same cd/dvd...
  6. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  7. CD/DVD inserted in drive, but get "No Disc in Drive Message"

CD/DVD inserted in drive, but get "No Disc in Drive Message": I have Cyberlink’s Media Suite 12 resident on a Hewlett-Packard Envy TS 17 Notebook laptop equipped with an HP built-in drive (CDDVDVW SU-208CB) that will access CD's and DVD's. Windows 10 is the OS and up-to-date. The CD/DVD drive has always worked very well until...
  8. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  9. CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

CD/DVD Drives Not Detected: I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on). Windows 10 will not show the disc drives anywhere. I've checked in the Device Manager and everywhere else I can look, but they...
  10. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not detecting dvd drive

2. dvd/cd drive not detecting cd

3. problem of pc not detecting windows 10 from cd

4. windows 10 not detecting dvd drive,
  5. pc not detecting drive dvd,
  6. cd drive not detecting disc,
  7. windows 10 not detecting cd drive,
  8. windows not detecting cd