Windows 10: Windows 10 DVD drive won't recognize my DVD-R discs. Why? I cannot burn any of my music...

Discus and support Windows 10 DVD drive won't recognize my DVD-R discs. Why? I cannot burn any of my music... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have inserted several different blank DVD-R dics, but when I open Windows Media, drag my music files to the Burn area, and click Start Burn, I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobynQ, May 6, 2019.

1. RobynQ Win User

Windows 10 DVD drive won't recognize my DVD-R discs. Why? I cannot burn any of my music...

I have inserted several different blank DVD-R dics, but when I open Windows Media, drag my music files to the Burn area, and click Start Burn, I get a message asking me to insert a blank disc in the E drive. There is already one in there. So, I go ahead and Eject, and close the drive again with the blank disc but Windows Media never starts to burn...it is still waiting for me to insert a blank disc. Evidently it is not recognizing my blank discs, but not sure why.

I have also tried inserted a blank disc and then clicking on "format" on the E drive menu, but it won't even do that.

:)

RobynQ, May 6, 2019
  2. Ed_336 Win User

DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn.

Any suggestions?

Ed_336, May 6, 2019
  3. DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

Thank you for your help, Andre. I appreciate that it was so prompt!

My system is a Dell Inspiron 5558.

First step: Running Troubleshooter in Hardware and Devices and then restarting.
    Outcome: No change. The drive says to insert a disc, even though there is a brand new on in the drive.

Second step: Open Device Manager and update the driver for the DVD drive.
    Outcome: No change. Using the option to search the internet for the most current drive, Microsoft says the best driver for this device is already installed. FYI - the DVD drive is: TSSTcorp
    DVD+- SU-208GB

Third step: Open Administrator:Windows Powershell and run the regedit.exe command then restart.

Outcome: No change. The drive does not recognize a new/blank DVD-R.

Fourth step: Check out the suggestions at groovypost.com. Remove and reinstall the IDE/ATAPI drivers (ATA Channel 0, ATA Channel 1, and Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller).

Outcome: When I set the view to "show hidden devices" and expanded the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, there is only one listed: Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family
    SATA AHCI Controller. I didn't do anything because I wasn't sure about uninstalling that driver.

So, bottom line, nothing changed. The problem of the drive not recognizing a new DVD is persisting. The only thing that changed from four days ago, when I burned about 8 DVDs, and now, is that I ran out of the DVDs I was using and bought a new batch (identical
    brand and type to what I had been using - SONY DVD-R). I bought a second batch of a different brand - Maxell DVD-R - and those don't work either.

I don't believe it is a hardware issue because when I plug in an external Dell DVD+-R drive, it also doesn't recognize the discs.

This is really bumming me out. I am in the middle of a project and I can't finish it!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!!

slugrunnerZZ, May 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 DVD drive won't recognize my DVD-R discs. Why? I cannot burn any of my music...

Writing/Burning DVD Discs with Windows 10.

I am running Windows 10. I have an external DVD drive. It reads everything. However, when I put in new DVD +R discs to burn a video, I get a message saying that Windows does not recognize the disc. What kind of disc will Windows recognize? It is
    also not recognizing my blank CD - R discs.

HaroldHimmelfarb, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 DVD drive won't recognize my DVD-R discs. Why? I cannot burn any of my music...

1. Windows 10 DVD drive won't recognize my DVD-R discs. Why? I cannot burn any of my music... - Similar Threads - DVD drive won't

2. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  3. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  4. My dvd won't burn

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My dvd won't burn: I pulled out my dvd burner to archive files and I noticed it was acting weird. When I put a disk in with data on it, it would re-format it. It didn't want to burn either as seen here and gave me an errorand yes I did use another disk burning software and it still did not...
  5. My dvd won't burn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dvd won't burn: I pulled out my dvd burner to archive files and I noticed it was acting weird. When I put a disk in with data on it, it would re-format it. It didn't want to burn either as seen here and gave me an errorand yes I did use another disk burning software and it still did not...
  6. My dvd won't burn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc: My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-e-not-recognizing-formatted-verbatim/64c0442b-a193-4511-9413-3efe8f2858ff
  8. DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs: I am running Microsoft 10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop that is 2 years old. All software and drivers are current. In the last week I've made about 20 discs with family videos. I ran out of DVDs and bought a spindle of 50 DVDs of the exact same brand/type (SONY DVD-R 120 min/4/7...
  9. DVD-R disc - contents not recognized

DVD-R disc - contents not recognized: I have several DVD discs that were recorded on a standalone DVD recorder and finalized. The content of these discs is non-commercial: home movies transferred from a Mini-DV camcorder. Windows 10 shows the discs as being blank. When viewed in Disc Management, it shows the file...
  10. Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro here. I just created a DVD I want to play on a friend's DVD player using the app 'DVD Flick' and it's created 2 folders: "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS", but I don't know how to put them onto a DVD...? I don't want to use a 3rd party app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd drive wont read disc

2. sony dvd r blank discs

3. windows 10 not recognising cd

4. windows 10 cannot see cd disk,
  5. windows 10 does not recognize dvd blank,
  6. Dvd-r minature cd,
  7. windows 10 wont detect dvd,
  8. windows 10 not recognizing dvd disc,
  9. windows 10 desk top comp says to format blank cd,
  10. windows 10 not recognizing bd disk ,
  11. dvd wont read disc,