Windows 10: Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail

Discus and support Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have accepted the way Windows Logo recycles sometimes for hours before Sign in page appears. Any BIOs setting other than Legacy will not allow DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CLedfo, Dec 18, 2018.

1. CLedfo Win User

Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail

I have accepted the way Windows Logo recycles sometimes for hours before Sign in page appears. Any BIOs setting other than Legacy will not allow DVD to start the process. My HP Laptop is an OEM win 10. The hard drive passed away due to mechanical fail, I replaced it with same brand, same size, and have formatted it to GPT. At the point where it asked which volume do you want to install on it says can't because of gpt. I got past by deleting partitions until there is only the unportioned. The program continues on and reports success at loading files and updating. The Restart message appears, in seconds we will shut down and restart and proceed to finishing up. The countdown begins, it shuts down and upon automatic restart never gets past Windows logo. I am not a programmer, I have installed a lot of software over the years with very little problem but Win 10 is a nightmare for many of us. My solution is hire Video Game programmers to write the install software, you could then have Pac Man or Donkey Kong install the program without the numerous glitches. I should have just bought a new laptop.

:)

CLedfo, Dec 18, 2018
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10, DVD drive and USB hard drive failing to work

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to detect the DVD/ CD drives after an Windows update, please be informed us the latest update being installed.

I suggest you to uninstall the latest update and check if you are able to detect the drives.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Programs and Features
    • Locate the update, right click on it and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the device and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail

little cat, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail

1. Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail - Similar Threads - DVD hard drive

2. Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I am replacing a failed hard drive in a Dell Inspiron desktop with Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB installed memory. Windows seems to have installed but on reboot I get memory "memory management" blue screen and it keeps rebooting with same message. The Dell...
  3. Windows10 Fails to Complete Install on New Hard Drive

Windows10 Fails to Complete Install on New Hard Drive: Recently the HD on my Lenovo Thinkcenter Edge 71/1578 desktop died. I bought a replacement new hard drive and, following the directions on the MS site, created a USB with an installation of Windows10 1909. The installation beings just fine; I select Windows10 pro [which...
  4. Can't locate DVD drive after clean installation of windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't locate DVD drive after clean installation of windows 10 on a new hard drive: My hard drive was failing so I bought a new drive and installed a valid copy of windows 10 on the new drive. I have two DVD drives, but the device manager can only find one and the one it finds is always on the same SATA cable i.e. which ever one I attach. I know that both...
  5. Install windows 10 into new hard drive

Install windows 10 into new hard drive: Hi, How do I install windows 10 into new hard drive? Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-into-new-hard-drive/113be997-f406-4a25-b4f3-27585853d53f
  6. New hard drive and install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New hard drive and install of windows 10: I need to install a new hard drive which is about to fail according to my diagnostic disk. I think I can install the drive, but I need to know how to reinstall windows 10 afterwards. Is there anything with detailed instructions to guide me?...
  7. New hard drive Windows 10 install from DVD

New hard drive Windows 10 install from DVD: I have been attempting to Install Window 10 home from Windows installation DVD on to an HP Laptop that came with an OEM 10 system, for a while now, should be easy but it hasn't been. I have watched and read everything about a clean install but my experience hasn't match up,...
  8. New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation

New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation: My hard drive died, so I installed a new one. The original drive had windows 8 on it, which I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free back when it came out. The new (replacement drive) came with Windows 8. I tried to upgrade this to Windows 10, but the Microsoft site requires...
  9. Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive: Hello, so I recently had my hard drive in my laptop (Dell inspiron 17-7778) go out on me and I acquired a brand new one yet i never was able to get windows 10 backed up on to a USB, so i cannot acces my computer bast the boot up menu because of the damaged hard drive, and of...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Greetings Sir, I have an old pc (7 years) and plan on replacing the hard drive with a new WD Black. I want to save my present drive and use it as a slave. I do not want to mirror my present drive over. Instead, I would like to start fresh on the new drive and pick and...