Windows 10: Windows 10: DVD Player Code 52

Discus and support Windows 10: DVD Player Code 52 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 recently. Last week. Tonight I tried to use my DVD/CD drive and it does not work. I checked for drivers and all are up to date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Glenloth2002, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10: DVD Player Code 52

I installed Windows 10 recently. Last week. Tonight I tried to use my DVD/CD drive and it does not work. I checked for drivers and all are up to date. The drives were working before. Here is what I am getting in the Device manager: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

:)

Glenloth2002, Nov 21, 2018

2. Error code 52 / windows 10 / dvd drive

Hi. I have been running Windows 10 since its release and installed VLC Player to play DVDs. This worked until yesterday when I tried to play a DVD and found the software showed pages of errors, caused a juddering on screen and stopped working. I uninstalled
    it and reinstalled several times; installed the latest drivers for the DVD device and installed two other dvd playing softwares, none of which worked. I eventually saw error message 52* on the device manager. The DVD drive is a Matshita DVD-Ram UJ8CO; my
    computer is a Sony Vaio laptop. Can anyone please help?

*Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code
    52)

dragon11101, Nov 21, 2018
  3. DVD player

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Your title suggests issue with DVD Player and body of the message you've mentioned about Media Player. I would require more information to assist you better:

• What is the exact issue are you facing?
    • Are you facing issue with Media Player or DVD Player?
    I would like to inform you that Media player is in-built and it should present in Windows 10. If you're facing issue with DVD Player, I would suggest you to go through the following link and see if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/dvd-playback-help

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10: DVD Player Code 52

DVD Player

Hi,

To help us understand the issue that you encountered with your DVD player, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• What issue did you encountered with the DVD player?
    • Did you get a specific error message/code?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Please provide us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: DVD Player Code 52

1. Windows 10: DVD Player Code 52 - Similar Threads - DVD Player Code

2. Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52: Hi - Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognize-my-dvd-driver-code/8233c203-8068-41b8-8ffb-181ca6e1a398
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52: Hi - Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognize-my-dvd-driver-code/8233c203-8068-41b8-8ffb-181ca6e1a398
  4. Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows DVD Player 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows DVD Player 10: did not work!! I have requested a refund twice wit no response at all. At least answer the request even if the answer is no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-player-10/f06f704d-5b7c-4c02-b434-5ccfcd4ce298"
  6. DVD/CD-ROM and Code 52 - Help please!

DVD/CD-ROM and Code 52 - Help please!: DVD/CD-ROM not working. Getting the following when troubleshooting: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be...
  7. tsstcorp dvd+-rw sn-208bb error code 52 in Windows 10

tsstcorp dvd+-rw sn-208bb error code 52 in Windows 10: I cannot get my disc drive to run anymore. I have tried every trick I found online: uninstall and reinstall; search for drivers; regedit adjustments; turning off signature verification on boots. Nothing is working and my drive keeps giving me the Error 52. I have a Dell...
  8. Windows 10 DVD Player

Windows 10 DVD Player: When I first upgraded to windows 10, you installed everything for free, even upgrades. Now, Microsoft, removed the DVD player from the Media Player, and expect us to pay for it if we want the dvd player back. Everything worked fine until that upgrade. Now you tell me WHY,...
  9. Code 52 as it pertains to DVD drive

Code 52 as it pertains to DVD drive: On July 10 a Windows 10 update was performed which resulted in a Code 52 and the inability for windows to recognize internal and external DVD drives. The issue seems to be a signature requirement for the driver, cdrom.sys. I was having recording issues with the internal...
  10. Windows 10 DVD Player

Windows 10 DVD Player: So I noticed that the Windows 10 DVD Player was released by Microsoft. However... why is it asking me to pay $14.99 for it? I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (so I have 10 Pro), and I had read that it would be free to those customers. 15894

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd code 52

2. windows 10 dvd code 52

3. windows 10 digital signature for matshita dvd ram UJ8C2 S code 52