Windows 10: Windows 10 Dynamic Lock with Samsung Watch

Discus and support Windows 10 Dynamic Lock with Samsung Watch in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How Samsung Watch can be configured to be used with Windows 10 Dynamic Lock? The watch has been paired with PC, but still, Windows does not accept... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kalle_t, Feb 12, 2020.

1. kalle_t Win User

Windows 10 Dynamic Lock with Samsung Watch

How Samsung Watch can be configured to be used with Windows 10 Dynamic Lock?

The watch has been paired with PC, but still, Windows does not accept the Watch to be used as "partner", which would used to lock the session when it goes away from computer.

I have previously used my Samsung S8 phone with Dynamic Lock and it works fine, but after I bought the Samsung Watch, I don't carry the phone with me in the office, so I would need to change the Dynamic Lock to use the watch instead.

:)

kalle_t, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Henrik DK Win User

Dynamic lock and Apple watch

I have a similar problem using my Samsung Gear S3 to lock dynamically.

The watch is always on my arm, and my Samsung phone is usually with me, but not always.

The watch can be paired with only on device, and is paired with my Phone. I dont want to break connection between the watch and my Phone just to use it for locking Windows.

So my question is:

Why must the Bluetooth device be paired at all. The PC should be able to see if a certain bluetooth device is within range anyhow.

Henrik DK, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Rohn007 Win User
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Dynamic Lock in Windows 10

Hi there, thanks for your question.

The instructions to enable Dynamic Lock are below:

- Use Bluetooth to pair your phone with your PC. Learn how to pair devices using Bluetooth.

- On your Windows 10 PC, select the Start button > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

- Under Dynamic lock, select the Allow Windows to automatically lock your device when you're away check box.

- Take your phone with you when you move away from your PC, and it will automatically lock a minute or so after you're out of Bluetooth range. (Note that Bluetooth range varies by devices.)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/402811...

If you're having trouble with it, you can follow the steps in this article:

https://www.windowscentral.com/workaround-set-d...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Dynamic Lock with Samsung Watch - Similar Threads - Dynamic Lock Samsung

2. Dynamic Lock on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dynamic Lock on Windows 10: Can I pair my Iphone 10XR through blue tooth to the dynamic lock feature in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-on-windows-10/66775c71-b9f1-4cd2-9150-915a06f590e2
  3. Windows 10 Dynamic lock with iPhone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Dynamic lock with iPhone: Hey. There was another post about this, but it was posted two years ago, so I figured I'd ask again, since Windows is always updating and changing. I know the app who's name escapes me at the moment that allows you to send and recieve phone calls and text messages on your...
  4. Dynamic Lock

Dynamic Lock: Hello with multiple vendor platforms of smartphones all using Microsoft's Authenticator application, is there also away to use dynamic lock with a imported certificate to use with multi factor authentication for users that do not have a fingerprint reader on their...
  5. Dynamic Lock

Dynamic Lock: Hello with multiple vendor platforms of smartphones all using Microsoft's Authenticator application, is there also away to use dynamic lock with a imported certificate to use with multi factor authentication for users that do not have a fingerprint reader on their...
  6. Dynamic Lock Windows 10 Home

Dynamic Lock Windows 10 Home: Will my PC unlock when I come closer to it with Dynamic Lock on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-windows-10-home/bfa1a747-1845-4d89-888e-b5fbb6002093
  7. Dynamic Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamic Lock: I am getting an error when i turn my computer that Dynamic Lock is not working and I need to turn on my Bluetooth. When i go to Bluetooth there is no on/off button like there is on my other computer with windows 10. I have looked online and it says to go to Device Mgr and...
  8. dynamic lock

dynamic lock: hello How do I clear the dynamic lock warning on my Windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock/2cdff9d8-0963-4db6-8c53-4a42c2609d49"
  9. DYNAMIC LOCK

DYNAMIC LOCK: I have several iPhones and Window 10 is set to lock the machine when I step away. This works. When I return however I see a notification that the sign-in cannot detect the phone. So I have to manually get into settings and get it to scan for my phone. I have looked around...
  10. Dynamic Lock in Windows 10

Dynamic Lock in Windows 10: Device Info: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Running: OS Build 17134.345 Bluetooth Device Info iPhone 6 Plus OS: iOS 12.1 Story: I am trying to use the Dynamic Lock feature that was introduced in the Windows 10 Creators update. As I try to enable it, I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Dynamic Lock Galaxy watch

2. wibdows dynamic lock using watch

3. dynamic lock apple watch