Windows 10: Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password

Discus and support Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have had problem on my Dell laptop when I start my laptop, the Windows was crashed with no reason and it was requesting for the restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hariprasath Ragothaman, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password

Hi,

I have had problem on my Dell laptop when I start my laptop, the Windows was crashed with no reason and it was requesting for the restore factory settings . As soon as the restore settings completed, I am unable to access my E drive, asking 48 digit bit locker password. Also I am getting hell lot of slowness. Please note now I have all of the latest Windows update are available and also the Windows Defender is having up-to-date windows related patches. Please advise how to resolve the 48 digit bit locker issues.

:)

Hariprasath Ragothaman, Jun 6, 2019

2. Bit Locker Recovery Key

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the error message appears when you’re trying to enter a Bit locker key?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you have installed?
    3. What is the make and model number of your computer?

Issues might be happening because of entering Incorrect Bit Locker recovery key. Bit Locker key password will be a 48-digit alpha numeric characters.

However you may refer this article on how to find
    Bit Locker recovery
    key.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Bit Locker not working

Recently I have formatted my PC. In my earlier version of windows 10 I locked my D drive with bit locker. But after formatting I can not access my drive. Even after typing the correct password it is not accepting. It is showing wrong password. Can anyone
    help?

Note: My bit locker recovery key is also in D drive Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password :(

Kaushik Talukdar, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password

Bit Locker

Dear Team,

Windows 10 OS Crashed.But when we try to recover its showing drive is locked.We are not enabled any bit locker option .

As per my observation previously after installing the OS all drives showing Lock Symbol.kindly suggest if any Default Password to unlock the drive.

Windows 10 is OEM with Dell

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

yogamahendranadh, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password

1. Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password - Similar Threads - drive accessible asking

2. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  3. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  4. I need bit locker password

I need bit locker password: Hello, I don't have the BitLocker recovery key, after updating and restarting, I can no longer enter my Windows environment. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-bit-locker-password/f85e3921-4af2-4e8e-8c70-ca64c1d8aaf8
  5. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover: I have a dell laptop which came with windows 10 pre-installed.As pc was running slow, i got ssd installed and removed dvd driver.Ssd is now in c drive, which is hosting os. my old harddrive which is still there in the laptop and partition name is changed to d drive.Now my d...
  6. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover: I have a dell laptop which came with windows 10 pre-installed.As pc was running slow, i got ssd installed and removed dvd driver.Ssd is now in c drive, which is hosting os. my old harddrive which is still there in the laptop and partition name is changed to d drive.Now my d...
  7. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Access to a Laptop that is password protected with Bit Locker Installed

Access to a Laptop that is password protected with Bit Locker Installed: I am a Private Investigator in Michigan, and have been hired by the family of an Estate. A family member passed away and had a Windows Laptop, and the family is trying to settle the estate and needs access to the laptop. This is not some fake request to get into someone's...
  9. asking bit locker key :-

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    asking bit locker key :-: I have HP envy laptop, asking bitlocker key during start up. as soon as I power up the first thing it asks is bit locker key. it's been 3 days or so and the box take only digits and not any alphabets. thanx...
  10. Unable to access Bit locker in Windows 10 Pro

Unable to access Bit locker in Windows 10 Pro: The type of my disk drive is New Simple Volume and I'm not able to protect these drives using BitLocker. Only drive C is able to be protected. I failed to find a solution! If anyone here who can help me, Please do it :)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard dirve of my laptop is locked and is asking for 48 digit code

2. windows asking e drive