Windows 10: Windows 10 eating my hard drive space

Discus and support Windows 10 eating my hard drive space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows eating my drive, Windows folder is 12GB, Users folder is 15GB and the rest of space from 120GB SSD is dont know where :( Any help or ideas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AYEHANSAEED, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 eating my hard drive space

Windows eating my drive, Windows folder is 12GB, Users folder is 15GB and the rest of space from 120GB SSD is dont know where Windows 10 eating my hard drive space :(

Any help or ideas

submitted by /u/AYEHANSAEED
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AYEHANSAEED, Jun 30, 2020

2. Freeing up space on hard drive

Windows 7 has a nasty problem of eating up all disk space in the following two folders:

• C:\Windows\Logs\CBS
    • C:\Windows\Temp
    You can delete the contents of both directories without impact. Some files will not be able to be deleted because they are in use. You can skip those, and should not try to delete them.

Additionally, there are many common methods that you can try to free up hard drive space on your Windows 7.

Otherwise reading:

What's Taking up Space on My Hard Drive and How to Free up Space

PeterPeng3, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Hard Drive Storage

I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb
    is being taken up by Apps and features but when I click on this and show the list of installed apps with their sizes, I have added up the entire list and it comes to 25Gb total. It doesn't show what's eating up the rest of the 400Gb of space. I have deleted
    everything I can and have only been able to free up 11Gb so far so my c drive is still showing red. At this point is the only other step to reload the pc, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix?

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Clemons, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 eating my hard drive space

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 eating my hard drive space

1. Windows 10 eating my hard drive space - Similar Threads - eating hard drive

2. Browse eating space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browse eating space: Hi i have problem about browesers i use google and Microsoft Edge when i open them they start eating space so fast pls help I use Microsoft security not any other anti virsu pls help...
  3. Browse eating space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browse eating space: Hi i have problem about browesers i use google and Microsoft Edge when i open them they start eating space so fast pls help I use Microsoft security not any other anti virsu pls help...
  4. Browse eating space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Browse eating space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….: So, about a week ago my C: drive space is about 101 GB and yesterday after I did my windows update, it went down to 74 GB. Now, I am stuck at 80.6 GB. Why is the Hard Drive keeps filling up by itself automatically for no reason on Windows 10? It will probably will go down...
  7. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  8. Something is eating up my C-drives free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is eating up my C-drives free space: Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB 232 GB C: I'm able to find 50GB of files when I check, but I only have about 10GB of free space. I turned off hibernation, which gave me another 20GB. This was 4 days ago. Now I have about 10GB free space. My C-drive is the OS only,...
  9. Windows 10 Eating My Hard Drive Memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Eating My Hard Drive Memory: When i do copy form one drive to another drive some folders and files are showing some Blue Color Arrow and its taking double memory of hardrive please tell me what to do? [img] 153540
  10. User folder loop eating up hard drive space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    User folder loop eating up hard drive space: I installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, but today I noticed that my 1TB hard drive only had 50GB left, despite it only being ~400GB full before the install. I ran Disk Cleanup and removed as much as I could, but it only cleared an additional 100GB. I then ran WinDirStat, and...