Windows 10: windows 10 edge and Google gmail:

Discus and support windows 10 edge and Google gmail: in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Toshiba Laptop to Windows 10 from 7 Pro. When running gmail with Windows Edge browser, and a few tabs open, when I click the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RRob613, Jan 3, 2016.

1. RRob613 Win User

windows 10 edge and Google gmail:

I recently upgraded my Toshiba Laptop to Windows 10 from 7 Pro. When running gmail with Windows Edge browser, and a few tabs open, when I click the close icon, I get the choices of close all tabs, or cancel, whereas in explorer I had choices of close the current tab or close all tabs. In Googling the problem, I have tried the various suggestions offered, but without success. One suggestion was a change in the registry. For some reason I could not find the entry to change. Explorer offers the two choices but I had so many instances of Explorer not responding, I would really rather work with Edge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

RRob613, Jan 3, 2016
  2. NickEman Win User

Edge won't load my Google Calender on PC.

Windows 10, Edge browser, PC. Edge will load my Gmail It will not load my Google Calendar. I get the message, "Loading...
    For slow connections, load read-only view" I want the FULL feature Calendar, not read only. I have a fast connection. I do not want my Google Calendar as part of Outlook, I want it to be stand alone, as is my Gmail using Edge on PC. What is the solution?

NickEman, Jan 3, 2016
  3. mlg63 Win User
    microsoft edge gets open with google chrome

Do not select Edge in a search engine like Google and do not use that MS Edge shortcut on the Chrome page you show above. Click on the
    blue e in the taskbar to open Edge. You seem to actually have Chrome installed and might be signed into your Google/Gmail acct. If you sign into your Gmail acct, you sign into Chrome and Google. Turn off sync in your Google-gmail acct. Open
    your google acct to change preferences.

mlg63, Jan 3, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

What if.......
    Ctrl + W. Will it close the "current" tab ?

I cannot find the option to show "Close all tabs" and "Close current tab".

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  5. RRob613 Win User
    Davidhk; Thank you for the input. However, there was no reaction to the Ctrl + W input. I will just keep trying to find a solution. If one is found, I will keep you informed. Thanks again

RRob613, Jan 3, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    That's strange.
    I tried the Ctrl +W method on my Edge first before I replied to you.

Try again. Open 2 tabs in Edge > Ctrl + W > that should delete the current tab.

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  7. RRob613 Win User
    Thanks Davidhk, I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but this time it worked fine. Thanks for the input, it was definitely appreciated.

RRob613, Jan 4, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Good.
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 edge and Google gmail: - Similar Threads - edge Google gmail

2. Gmail under Edge,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail under Edge,: Der er opstået en meget stor topmargin når jeg bruger Gmail under Edge, hvordan kommer jeg af med den?Der er ingen problemer når jeg kører Crome.Mvh. Pet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-under-edge/8d4ff3e2-8301-4782-9ce8-906960339d5e
  3. Gmail under Edge,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail under Edge,: Der er opstået en meget stor topmargin når jeg bruger Gmail under Edge, hvordan kommer jeg af med den?Der er ingen problemer når jeg kører Crome.Mvh. Pet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-under-edge/8d4ff3e2-8301-4782-9ce8-906960339d5e
  4. Gmail under Edge,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Google breaks Gmail attachment names in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Google breaks Gmail attachment names in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft’s new Chromium-based Edge browser has been in public testing for more than a year and it’s a lot like Chrome, which also uses Chromium. Using Chromium and Blink rendering engine was supposed to help with compatibility, but some Google services are reportedly not...
  6. Windows 10 and Google gMail Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Google gMail Account: I have two email accounts -- one Google and one Outlook. I have added both the the Windows 10 app. I can receive emails from both but I cannot send from the Google account. I keep getting security alerts that my Google settings are out of date but a my password is OK and b...
  7. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  8. Gmail default on Google browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail default on Google browser: How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.) thank you...
  9. gmail/google and megalomania

in Browsers and Email
    gmail/google and megalomania: Excellent torre .... just what I needed. My feeling is precisely the same as the final statement from Caller! *Smile
  10. Gmail Notifier For Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Notifier For Edge: Now that I have changed my browser to MS Edge (because Google Chrome was to slow) I have lost my Gmail notifier, which was a browser add on, and was jolly useful.......I have had a quick look around, but can't seem to find an equivalent add on for Edge......anyone know if...