Windows 10: Windows 10 & Edge blocking access to banking site

Discus and support Windows 10 & Edge blocking access to banking site in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10, all current patches/updates applied and I normally use MS Edge as my primary browser, although I do have Chrome and Firefox as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimBeard1, Dec 19, 2019.

1. JimBeard1 Win User

Windows 10 & Edge blocking access to banking site

I am running Windows 10, all current patches/updates applied and I normally use MS Edge as my primary browser, although I do have Chrome and Firefox as well. At the end of last week MS Edge started preventing me from access on line banking through my banks secure web site. I can navigate to the site, and get to the log in screen. Once I enter my credentials, EDGE will take a long pause and return a blank white screen. No errors given. After this started occurring I also lost the ability to download transactions into my Quicken accounting software for this same bank. This ONLY occurs with the single banking site. No other sites are affected. The security certificate for the site is valid. I have cleared the cache memory and all saved data in EDGE several times. I use Norton 360 firewall and have reset it, as well as updated my router. The issue has now spread to my Windows tablet associated to the same Microsoft ID. I can access this site fine from any other computer on my network that is NOT associated to my primary MS account. I had synchronize across devices set and fell that what ever issue occurred at my computer spread to the other that way. All devices have been checked for viruses and malware and none found. Now I am also being blocked from access this site using Chrome or Firefox on the same computer. I verified with the bank the site is not having any issues, and the appear to be only on my user id and associated computers. I am considering resetting Windows but am looking for any direction before taking that drastic step.

Please advise.

:)

JimBeard1, Dec 19, 2019
  2. ck200011 Win User

Can't view a copy of a cancelled check online banking site using the edge browser.

I cleared browsing history, caches and cookies. No luck. The online bank site opens a blank screen, but no access to the needed pdf.

I then went back to Edge settings at the right top corner. Opened settings . Clicked on "open with Internet Explorer". Signed in at the online bank site . Clicked on " view check". A second window opened and I could view the check.

ck200011, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 & Edge blocking access to banking site

Can't view a copy of a cancelled check online banking site using the edge browser.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to view online banking site using the Microsoft Edge, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Please let us know if you have tried to access this website using any other browser.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 & Edge blocking access to banking site

1. Windows 10 & Edge blocking access to banking site - Similar Threads - Edge blocking access

2. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  3. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  4. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help with a banking site issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a banking site issue: Hello I'm having problems logging into my bank account, this has been a issue for several months already. I can put in the username but after that it gives me a black screen with the message <html><b>Your login request was unsuccessful, please try again</b></html> Same thing...
  6. Help with a banking site issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with a banking site issue: Hello I'm having problems logging into my bank account, this has been a issue for several months already. I can put in the username but after that it gives me a black screen with the message <html><b>Your login request was unsuccessful, please try again</b></html> Same thing...
  7. Blocked sites are still accessible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocked sites are still accessible: I am trying to block my kid from being able to search incognito and I have added sites to the blocked list and they are still accessible. Please advise. I would take the computer away from him totally, but he needs it for school in this covid environment....
  8. Windows 10 blocking access to VPN sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 blocking access to VPN sites: Have just got a new HP Notebook. I want to use a VPN but Windows won't let me access their site or those of any 3rd party download sites, saying 'This site can't be reached'. There's nothing amiss at the VPN site's end as I can access it fine on another PC. The Notebook came...
  9. Site is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is blocked: I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification. ===== Block Site www.facebook.com is blocked! In order to remove this domain from the block list, please visit options...
  10. Blocked Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked Sites: Hard to believe that #Microsoft is running a scam but if your computer downloads a specific “infected” site a warning comes up on your computer telling you that your blocked by Microsoft and to call a Microsoft 1800 number to “unblock” your computer. When you call the number,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge blocking librarby sites