Windows 10: Windows 10 EDGE Error 400 The request is badly formed

Discus and support Windows 10 EDGE Error 400 The request is badly formed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I keep getting this error when using edge to access various sites, Looks like I have lost a number of passwords and some sites come up in text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RanjitSingh1, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 EDGE Error 400 The request is badly formed

Recently I keep getting this error when using edge to access various sites, Looks like I have lost a number of passwords and some sites come up in text and not HTML code. I have tried both repair and reset in the EDGE app choices. I had cleared the cache and removed cookies prior to this happening.Any suggestions please?

:)

RanjitSingh1, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Nathaniel Mon, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    HTTP 400 Error Using Microsoft Edge

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know which website are you trying to open?

The ‘’HTTP 400’’ error is an HTTP [Hyper Text Transfer Protocol] status code that means that the request you sent to the website server (i.e. a request to load a web page) was somehow malformed therefore the server was unable to understand or process
    the request.

I would recommend you to add the website you are having issue to the trusted site list on Internet explorer and check if it helps. Here are the steps below to add the websites to the trusted site list.

• Press Windows key + R and type inetcpl.cpl and hit
      enter.

• Click on the Security Tab.

• Select the Trusted Site option

• Click on Sites. You can add the sites to the zone and all the websites in this zone will use the zone’s security settings.

• Click on Apply and Ok.
    For reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 EDGE Error 400 The request is badly formed

HTTP 400 Error Using Microsoft Edge

Hi Bryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know which website are you trying to open?

The ‘’HTTP 400’’ error is an HTTP [Hyper Text Transfer Protocol] status code that means that the request you sent to the website server (i.e. a request to load a web page) was somehow malformed therefore the server was unable to understand or process
    the request.

I would recommend you to add the website you are having issue to the trusted site list on Internet explorer and check if it helps. Here are the steps below to add the websites to the trusted site list.

• Press Windows key + R and type inetcpl.cpl and hit
      enter.

• Click on the Security Tab.

• Select the Trusted Site option

• Click on Sites. You can add the sites to the zone and all the websites in this zone will use the zone’s security settings.

• Click on Apply and Ok.
    Follow the below link for more information on Get help with website error messages (HTTP errors)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-help-website-http-errors#1TC=windows-81

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 EDGE Error 400 The request is badly formed

1. Windows 10 EDGE Error 400 The request is badly formed - Similar Threads - EDGE Error 400

2. 400 Bad Request when copy and paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    400 Bad Request when copy and paste: I have been having this problem for few days now whenever I try to copy paste text it will show 400 bad request. I tried flushdns but it didnt work. I also tried clear browser cache but didn't work as well. All of my browsers are doing fine. I can connect to the internet and...
  3. 400 Bad Request when copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    400 Bad Request when copy and paste: I have been having this problem for few days now whenever I try to copy paste text it will show 400 bad request. I tried flushdns but it didnt work. I also tried clear browser cache but didn't work as well. All of my browsers are doing fine. I can connect to the internet and...
  4. 400 Bad Request when copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix Roblox Bad Request Error Code 400 on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Roblox Bad Request Error Code 400 on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Some PC gamers are reporting while gaming on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 rig, they encounter the Roblox Error Code 400 with the Bad Request error description. In this post, we provide the most suitable solutions affected gamers can apply to successfully fix this...
  6. error 400

in Windows 10 Customization
    error 400: get error 400 on explorer news articles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-400/78b47f3e-a15d-44d1-a9b0-4810081d9cd2
  7. 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation: Dear All I have seen many thread like the one I am posting now but I couldn't find a cure ,,,,may be I overlooked or it is hiding somewhere on net I didn't find it I am trying to set Netgear Nighthawk D8500 with Firmware Version V1.0.3.50_1.0.1 as an Access Point and I was...
  8. 400 bad request hellp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    400 bad request hellp: Hi 400 bad request - has blocked several of my regular websites, how do I clear it please I have cleared all cache ect I have added ebay & daily sudoku to trusted list but they still say 400 bad request if anyone can help I would be obliged thank you...
  9. error 400

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 400: I bought a new smart tv. On the remote control that came with it the smart tv there are four buttons at the bottom: one for Netflix, Amazon, Vudu and YouTube. I am using the Chrome browser. Whenever I click the YouTube button to bring YouTube up on smart TV it comes up...
  10. how do you fix a 400 bad request, request is maligned or illegal

in Cortana
    how do you fix a 400 bad request, request is maligned or illegal: all links and some web pages in all browsers including links in emails will not open and i get a 400 bad request, maligned or illegal ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-a-400-bad-request-request-is/eaa3db25-672a-4508-92ad-2aace1d41855"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the request is badly formed

2. HTTP Error 400. The request is badly formed edge

3. windows 10 request badly formed