Windows 10: Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs

Discus and support Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I decided to try out Windows 10 Edge. There is a lot about it that I like. However, every time I click on any link, it opens in a new tab. This quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaynetteDueck, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs

I decided to try out Windows 10 Edge. There is a lot about it that I like. However, every time I click on any link, it opens in a new tab. This quickly results in large numbers of tabs being open making Edge very crowded and clunky to use. I looked through all the settings and I can not find a setting for "open links in same/new tab". This is a basic setting in other browsers that I have tried. How do I change this setting in Windows 10 Edge?

:)

JaynetteDueck, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Jan 20, 2021
  4. cfourkays Win User

Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs

Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    Google"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

cfourkays, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs

1. Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs - Similar Threads - Edge opens dozens

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Google opening tabs in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google opening tabs in Edge: I use Microsoft Edge & lately Google has been opening search tabs on it's own. It's like it is on a timer. I've ended up with as many as 8 new tabs at one point before I would close them. When I'm in the middle of something & it decides it's time to open a new tab it...
  4. Opening tabs on edge on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening tabs on edge on startup: For online schooling, I was wondering if there is a way to open Microsoft edge on start-up, and have it set to open these 3 specific tabs I always need every single day?...
  5. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  6. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  7. Windows key opening Edge to over 60 tabs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows key opening Edge to over 60 tabs?: So this is a new one, just pressed the windows key and edge opened with over 60 tabs and tanked my PC. Managed to close via task manager. How did this happen / how can I stop it?! submitted by /u/thenexus6 [link] [comments]...
  8. Edge always opens with old tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge always opens with old tabs: Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and everything closes. Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open. I've restored Edge to defaults. In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:...
  9. Edge opens with old tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge opens with old tabs: Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and everything closes. Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open. I've restored Edge to defaults. In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:...
  10. Windows Edge Opens Hundreds of Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge Opens Hundreds of Tabs: Please help. no one has an answer. Windows Edge will, totally at random, open up hundreds of tabs going to Microsoft Edge Help. Multiple virus scans and malware found nothing. Resetting Edge did not work. Resetting Window 10 did not work. REINTALLING windows 10 from a...