Windows 10: windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format

Discus and support windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10 version N. I had downloaded the patches which enable video, adobe, html5.. It was all working -- then ago month ago == after an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Howard N Davis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format

I have windows 10 version N. I had downloaded the patches which enable video, adobe, html5.. It was all working -- then ago month ago == after an automated update no video would work with edge. What is going ?

Thanks in Advance

Howard

:)

Howard N Davis, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"Video format is not supported" at msn.com

Hello Dennis,

The error message Video format is not supported means that your browser is not compatible with the file format of the video. For us to assist you, we recommend that you use Microsoft Edge instead. Microsoft Edge is the newest browser that comes with
    Windows 10 and it's set as your default browser. To locate Microsoft Edge, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Windows key + S.
    • Type Microsoft Edge, and then hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Online video doesn't display

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to use Microsoft Edge browser to play online videos.

If you still face issues, I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge browser and click on the
      Hub icon
      (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click on
      Settings.
    • Now, click on View advanced settings.
    • Make sure you turn ON the option that says "Use Adobe Flash Player" and check with the issue.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 6, 2018
  4. windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format

Microsoft Edge Display

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue is might be related to display drivers.

I suggest you to update your display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.
    For more information, you can also refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format

1. windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format - Similar Threads - edge says cannot

2. Cannot display this video mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot display this video mode: I have an acer AN515 on windows 11my new $2 monitor isn't working, it says Cannot Display This Video Mode. I cant find out how to fix this, and i think i need some help. if it helps, it is a Dell E153FPf monitorAlso, i got this from ReStore and they have volunteers that come...
  3. Cannot display this video mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot display this video mode: I have an acer AN515 on windows 11my new $2 monitor isn't working, it says Cannot Display This Video Mode. I cant find out how to fix this, and i think i need some help. if it helps, it is a Dell E153FPf monitorAlso, i got this from ReStore and they have volunteers that come...
  4. Created a local user, but that user cannot play videos of any format anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created a local user, but that user cannot play videos of any format anywhere: I created a local user on my computer. I try to play a video and it crashes the windows video app, sometimes VLC will play the audio but not the video, browsers also cannot play any video files from my NAS. If I switch users back to my administrator, everything works fine....
  5. Created a local user, but that user cannot play videos of any format anywhere

Created a local user, but that user cannot play videos of any format anywhere: I created a local user on my computer. I try to play a video and it crashes the windows video app, sometimes VLC will play the audio but not the video, browsers also cannot play any video files from my NAS. If I switch users back to my administrator, everything works fine....
  6. Created a local user, but that user cannot play videos of any format anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cannot Display This Video Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Display This Video Mode: I have run into this issue with a Dell OptiPlex 790. Overlaid on the screen is a black box that says "Cannot Display This Video Mode" in large white letters and "Optimum Resolution 1280X1024 60Hz" in smaller yellow letters. We have tried changing the screen resolution, but...
  8. Cannot Display This Video Mode

Cannot Display This Video Mode: I have run into this issue with a Dell OptiPlex 790. Overlaid on the screen is a black box that says "Cannot Display This Video Mode" in large white letters and "Optimum Resolution 1280X1024 60Hz" in smaller yellow letters. We have tried changing the screen resolution, but...
  9. Cannot Display This Video Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 10 Pro N not showing Video Image thumbnails in any video format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro N not showing Video Image thumbnails in any video format: Windows 10 Pro N not showing Video Image thumbnails in any video format. How can I get back the thumbnails it is quite hard to search for video that I'm looking for without the thumbnails....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window edge cannot display video

2. window edge cannot display videos

3. edge cannot display video