Windows 10: windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format

Discus and support windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10 version N. I had downloaded the patches which enable video, adobe, html5.. It was all working -- then ago month ago == after an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Howard N Davis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Howard N Davis Win User

windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format

I have windows 10 version N. I had downloaded the patches which enable video, adobe, html5.. It was all working -- then ago month ago == after an automated update no video would work with edge. What is going ?

Thanks in Advance

Howard

:)

Howard N Davis, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"Video format is not supported" at msn.com

Hello Dennis,

The error message Video format is not supported means that your browser is not compatible with the file format of the video. For us to assist you, we recommend that you use Microsoft Edge instead. Microsoft Edge is the newest browser that comes with
    Windows 10 and it's set as your default browser. To locate Microsoft Edge, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Windows key + S.
    • Type Microsoft Edge, and then hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Online video doesn't display

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to use Microsoft Edge browser to play online videos.

If you still face issues, I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge browser and click on the
      Hub icon
      (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click on
      Settings.
    • Now, click on View advanced settings.
    • Make sure you turn ON the option that says "Use Adobe Flash Player" and check with the issue.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Ruth Buruga Win User

Microsoft Edge Display

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue is might be related to display drivers.

I suggest you to update your display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.
    For more information, you can also refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 edge says cannot display video in any format - Similar Threads - edge says cannot

2. video format

in Windows 10 Customization
    video format: I am looking to change the video format from AVI to MP4 so I can watch them on my TV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-format/90b6002f-b29c-4bd6-890d-a1f0c8e0dd50
  3. Cannot change time format in windows 10

Cannot change time format in windows 10: I wanted to change time format from 24 hours to 12 but when I went to setting to change it the option h:mm tt I clicked the drop down and there's only one optin HH:MM both in short time and long time I don't know how to fix it?...
  4. video displayed in windows 10

video displayed in windows 10: I am configuring a new laptop . ASUS n580GD. I have all the latest drivers installed. I have problems seeing the video from the camera app. The app when clicked gives me a screen which is black.the camera functions seem to work, I can hear the camera click when I press the...
  5. Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website

Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website: Edge will not connect to any website. Have reset, deleted all settings - nothing works. All other apps and browsers connect no problem. I then deleted network profile using Regedit. Hardwired Ethernet connection profile rebuilt and Edge worked briefly. But on second...
  6. Cannot Format HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Format HD: I have a 4TB HD that was previously formatted that I've put into an external hd bay. When I go into Computer Management/Disk Management the hd is not listed in the top section and in the bottom section it is split into 2048 GB and 1678 GB, both "Unallocated". I want to...
  7. Analog input cannot display this video after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Analog input cannot display this video after updating windows 10: Machine -- Dell Previously using windows 7 before I was forced to update to windows 10. After allowing the machine to update, it reboot itself to start. What showed up is a blank screen with the message: Analog input cannot display this video mode. What I have tried with no...
  8. Windows 10 no longer display ANY icons??

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 no longer display ANY icons??: After a reboot yesterday, windows 10 no longer displays icons. I've tried... new user account deleting icon cache system restore I have a screenshot attached. Anyone have a clue what's happening? 77759
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible": I wanted to upgrade Windows 10 November Update to Anniversary Update. I ran the Windows 10 Upgrade Tool and it said "Display is not compatible" Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics Direct X 12 1st Monitor: 1920x1080 2nd Monitor: 1360x768 Thank you! 58781
  10. WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video: I don't know why but this is happen to my PC, seem like WMP and Edge can't not play mp3 and mp4 as normal, it just lag, but they can play both flv and vob very well. How can I fix it ? 16790

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge cannot display video