Windows 10: WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We got several machines. Each machine has a Windows 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM license keys written in UEFI. All these machines came to us with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 45-75-67-65-6E-65, Oct 31, 2020.

1. WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro?

We got several machines. Each machine has a Windows 10 RTM Professional OEMWIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro? :DM license keys written in UEFI. All these machines came to us with a preinstalled Windows 10 Education. After the first connection to the Internet OS on all devices has been activated. No errors displayed in Options-Update-Activation window.

slmgr /dlv says that license status is Licensed too.

Question 1: Is it possible that Windows 10 Education on all these devices has been activated with a Windows 10 Pro license key written in UEFI? If so, then question 2 -

Question 2: Is it legal to use these preinstalled Windows 10 Education editions activated with key belonging to Windows 10 Pro?

Here is a screenshot:

WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro? b788d765-f886-4e8e-aabd-beb2de5320e7?upload=true.jpg

:)

45-75-67-65-6E-65, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 31, 2020
  4. WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro?

windows 10 key

I read through most of that thread and it seems you have to jump through windows insider hoops. Is there a Retail Windows 10 x64 PRO ISO I can download directly from microsoft that my windows 8 key will work with?

Easy Rhino, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro?

1. WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Education activated license

2. Window 10 pro education activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 pro education activation: i have make a copy of window 10 pro education from my neighbor man but after installation in my PC laptop,can't be activated.during activation after entering activation keys,they told me ''we can't activate window on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  3. Window 10 pro education activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 pro education activation: i have make a copy of window 10 pro education from my neighbor man but after installation in my PC laptop,can't be activated.during activation after entering activation keys,they told me ''we can't activate window on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  4. Window 10 pro education activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Education licensing: Hello,I bought a HP mini PC with a license of Windows 10 Pro Education.I want to use this PC for my business. It is ok to use this PC with license of Windows 10 Pro Education at my company?Thank you!...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Education licensing: Hello,I bought a HP mini PC with a license of Windows 10 Pro Education.I want to use this PC for my business. It is ok to use this PC with license of Windows 10 Pro Education at my company?Thank you!...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

8. Activating Windows 10 Education License

Activating Windows 10 Education License: Hi, My name is Sahan Jayatissa and I am a Ph.D. Candidate at the University of Auckland. I bought a Windows 10 Education Edition Key from the University of Auckland hub that I was going to use on a PC that I built a week ago. However, when I went to activate Windows on a...
  9. Can I active key Windows 10 Education on Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I active key Windows 10 Education on Windows 10 Pro?: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, I have a key Windows 10 edu, and I don't know can I active that key on Windows 10 pro, I want to use Windows 10 pro. This is the description that I don't really understand what it means:...
  10. Windows 10 education version license key

Windows 10 education version license key: Hi, how will I get the license key for windows 10 education version? I am a verified azure for students user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education-version-license-key/43714e2e-9a2b-4b88-9e0b-02a3bf80b5ee"