Windows 10: Windows 10 Education ; cant login with personal account

Discus and support Windows 10 Education ; cant login with personal account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I have recently built a new system and installed Windows 10 and added my user account. Due to upgrading the hardware I couldn't find activate... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Baconrind, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Baconrind Win User

Windows 10 Education ; cant login with personal account

Hi

I have recently built a new system and installed Windows 10 and added my user account.

Due to upgrading the hardware I couldn't find activate using my Windows Insider details and couldn't find detail of my old key.

I used my Win 10 Education edition university key and my uni login creds.

All is working fine and both my normal username and my uni user details and shown under email and user accounts the normal one is shown as admin

My issue is when i try to log into Microsoft Store i cant use my personal normal user account , it wont accept a personal account and goes to a Staffordshire University store page subset of MS apps, and as such I cant download anything of use...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Dean

:)

Baconrind, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Education ; cant login with personal account :(

Zakin, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Education ; cant login with personal account - Similar Threads - Education cant login

2. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict personal account login to OneDrive: We use Microsoft 365 and are looking to restrict users on our domain registered devices from linking a personal OneDrive account on their device.Can someone tell me how this is possible, potentially through defender for cloud apps?thanks,Jon...
  3. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restrict personal account login to OneDrive: We use Microsoft 365 and are looking to restrict users on our domain registered devices from linking a personal OneDrive account on their device.Can someone tell me how this is possible, potentially through defender for cloud apps?thanks,Jon...
  4. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. is it legal to install Window 10 Education on personal pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is it legal to install Window 10 Education on personal pc?: Dear Viewer! I was given a product key from an educational institute on completion of my course for windows 10 education. I'm supposing windows 10 education is legal to use inside the educational institution and for educational purposes only. I want to ask, is it legal to...
  6. Windows 10 Education - Login Expiry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education - Login Expiry: Hoping someone here has gone through the same problem and managed to solve it. Was given a Windows 10 Education key through university a few years back for my personal computer, and installed on my new desktop at the time. Made the annoyingly stupid mistake back then of...
  7. Cant login to Microsoft Account at windows 10 setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login to Microsoft Account at windows 10 setup: Hey, I've been trying to login to my Microsoft Account when I start the basic setup after formatting the pc using the media creation tool from the Microsoft page. I thought it was a driver issue so I removed everything including the GPU, hdds,ssd and only kept one ssd to...
  8. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Education

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Login to Windows 10 Education: Hello! I was trying to login through safe mode in windows 10 but it won't accept my password. I already tried booting up in safe mode with networking but my wired ethernet cable is not detected. I also tried using command prompt but i must have admin privileges which i don't...
  9. How to change a personal account login to a business login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a personal account login to a business login: Hi Community I have a new laptop for a new job. Before I recieved my new company email address I used a personal address to setup my laptop. However, now I have two logins for the machine. One for the laptop login and one for 365 and other programs. So, my question is;...
  10. I cant login to my Windows 10 account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cant login to my Windows 10 account: Hello, I cant login to my windows 10 account on my laptop, but i can login to my mailbox with the same email and password with my phone... It just says "Password Incorrect. try again" This happend after I reboot my laptop safe mode.. 18044