Windows 10: Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation

Discus and support Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a key for windows 10 education and today after reinstalling it to a new ssd I’m getting ”Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oldtabletop, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation

I have a key for windows 10 education and today after reinstalling it to a new ssd I’m getting ”Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation” notification on several settings menus. I have performed the installation twice now both times without connecting to the internet or loging in with microsoft account. I also haven’t run any scripts or modified anything prior to these notifications showing up.

Despite googling for a few hours I haven’t found any working fixes or that many people having the issue for that matter. I don’t really mind the disabled settings as they are for things I wouldn’t enable anyways such as ”show me suggested content in the settings app”. I’m just wondering why it’s happening and if it’s okay to continue to use the system as it is.

submitted by /u/oldtabletop
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oldtabletop, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Jackal Win User

Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation

Some settings are managed by your organisation.

Hi there
    I got issue at customer where no-one can change the "set time automatically"feature to be disabled on Win 10 1511.If they change dates it jumps back by itself.Does anyone know how to disable this from happening if it says "Some settings are managed by your organisation "and greyed out

I need maybe the gpedit steps to do this or registry key to change.It never happened to Win 7 pc's in domain.I did try changing group policy in domain server but still the same

Jackal, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation

1. Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation - Similar Threads - Education disabled settings

2. some settings are managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some settings are managed by your organisation: I have a home PC running Win 10 64. I'm the only user, but I see this message in various places.Goggle seems to throw up many many different articles, none of which make sense. Surely there must be a simple drfinitive anser to reste this?Any suggestions welcome.ThanksColin...
  3. Some settings are manged by your organisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some settings are manged by your organisation: Can some one please help with this I have tried various methods but non of them seem to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-are-manged-by-your-organisation/9bd420cc-f030-4749-a79e-02dfde3db143
  4. 'Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organisation'

'Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organisation': 'Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organisation' Not sure when this started happening but its happening on my home computer of which I am the only user of. I'm not part of any sort of network or anything like that as well. Everytime I go to install a Windows update I'm...
  5. how to disable "your organisation has set the following PIN requirements"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to disable "your organisation has set the following PIN requirements"?: this is my own personal laptop with my own personal account. this started after i added my school account so i could activate office. i have tried removing my pin as suggested in another post. this just resulted in the create pin button being greyed out. and i had to ad it...
  6. Some settings are managed by your organisation

Some settings are managed by your organisation: How do I get rid of "Some settings are managed by your organisation" on my stand alone computer running WINDOWS 10 pRO EDITION 64? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-organisation/03545323-b41c-4cd7-9e26-366179fe533b
  7. settings "managed by your organisation"

settings "managed by your organisation": Some of my settings have the message "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization", and they are uneditable. I have an administrator account and a regular user account. My regular user account cannot modify these settings: Settings>Phone And the...
  8. Some settings are managed by your organisation

Some settings are managed by your organisation: Hi, i wanted to make some changes in systems because my pc got restarted mid-work for update, so i was figuring out what's wrong and i found this policies limiting me in doing changes to settings, it seems having affect after i installed my school licence of Office 365. Can...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Settings are managed by your organisation

Windows 10 Pro - Settings are managed by your organisation: I have spent many hours trying to figure out how to get a webcam (+microphone) working on one of our clients computers. Firstly, I will list some bullet points to explain the situation: I am the IT administrator for the company The PC is on a domain I have tried different...
  10. Some settings are managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some settings are managed by your organisation: At the top of the Windows update page there is a red line stating "Some settings are managed by your organization". *Rolleyes There *IS NO* organization managing this device! This is MY computer, there is no domain it belongs to, *I* own it, *I* manage it, *I* am the only...