Windows 10: Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key.

Discus and support Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I currently have an unused key for windows 10 education N to give a friend. They tried the key and it did not work on their PC. I assume its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ghost742, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ghost742 Win User

Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key.

Hi,

I currently have an unused key for windows 10 education N to give a friend. They tried the key and it did not work on their PC. I assume its because when they installed the OS they chose windows 10 education instead of windows 10 education N for the version.

To solve, will they have to do a clean install of windows and chose windows 10 education N for the key to work?

Also, if they chose windows 10 home as the version, would any key work; and windows would simply install missing features to fulfill that key?

Thanks.

:)

ghost742, Sep 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Education N to Windows 10 Education

Hi,

I have a key for Windows 10 Education N. But I don't want the Education N. I would like to have the normal Education version. Is there anyway in which I could be able to install Windows 10 Education?

MR Mohamed Yaser, Sep 18, 2020
  3. LukGK Win User
    Windows 10 Education N

Hi,

I got product key for Windows 10 Education N. But I don't know how to install it.

Cause when installing there isn't any dialog to choose version of Windows.

Could be the problem in fact that I had Home edition on laptop and that key is used as default? But without option to choose I can't get education cause through settings it couldn't be done - it's N version.

Thanks for help

LukGK, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key.

Wrong download of Windows Education N

Unfortunately, if your key is for Windows 10 Education N, you will need to get a brand new license for a non-N Windows 10 Education.

The product keys for N versions are specific and cannot be used to activate non-N versions. So, you could try returning it for a refund the download the right edition.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key.

1. Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key. - Similar Threads - Education edition Education

2. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  3. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  4. Windows 10 Education Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education Edition: Hi all, My wife can get Windows 10 Education Edition through her college. I plan on getting her a custom built desktop. What do I need to do to get windows activated on the new computer? Is it as simple as turning on the new computer, connecting to the internet and...
  5. Windows 10 Education N

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education N: Hi, I got product key for Windows 10 Education N. But I don't know how to install it. Cause when installing there isn't any dialog to choose version of Windows. Could be the problem in fact that I had Home edition on laptop and that key is used as default? But without...
  6. Windows 10 Education Edition Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education Edition Product Key: I recently swapped out my laptops HDD to a SSD and when I reactivated the laptop i set it up with a different microsoft outlook account. When I try to install or upgrade it from Windows 10 home edition back to the education addition it asks for a product key. I have the...
  7. Windows 10 Education N ISO

Windows 10 Education N ISO: Hello, I have a key for Windows 10 Education N, but I couldn't find the ISO file for Windows 10 Education N. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education-n-iso/099b987a-0730-482a-935a-1feffd0308d8
  8. Windows 10 Education N product key problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education N product key problem: I have a product key for "Windows 10 Education N (Multilanguage) 1703" and I can't find my DVD. But I found "Windows 10 Education (Multilanguage) 1703" (not N) iso and installed it. Now it is not accepting my product key. Is this normal? If yes, how can I download "Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Education Edition

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Education Edition: Hi I am Faisal Khan from India, and I am student of National Institute of Open Schooling simply NIOS which is the largest Open schooling community currently I am using pirated windows 10 due to restriction of my parents, I want to use genuine window because pirated is very...
  10. Windows 10 Education edition

Windows 10 Education edition: I have an OEM license Windows 7 Home Premium and I upgraded to Windows 10 Home during initial period of Windows 10 free upgrade. My questions are: (1) Can I upgrade again to Windows 10 education edition from Windows 10 Home provided by my university volume licensing? It is...