Windows 10: Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers

Discus and support Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, As a student, I can get Windows 10 Education for free from my school's Microsoft Imagine program that they got for us. I was thinking of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vanilla_Donut, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers

Hello,

As a student, I can get Windows 10 Education for free from my school's Microsoft Imagine program that they got for us. I was thinking of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education. One thing I am worried about is that my school's group policy would then take effect, controlling some settings like they do at the school computers. I am aware that this can happen if I use my school's Microsoft email account to sign in on my computer or connect the account to my computer but I will not do that. I will only use my personal Microsoft email.

So basically, if I upgrade my PC to Windows 10 Education, will I have full control like I do now with Home, or will my school's Group policy take over?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Vanilla_Donut, Sep 12, 2018
  2. zac2566 Win User

Windows 10 Education User Group Policy's

Hi,

I have a set up two Windows 10 Education Edition laptops. I would like to configure them both with the same settings/permissions.

How can a I make a "User Group" and add policies to it.

For example: Have a "User Group" called "Kids" and then be allowed to configure the windows settings, deploy them to a different printer ect.

I can load lusrmgr.msc and add a Group called "Kids" but if I go into mmc.exe and add the Group Policy Object, I have no option to pick "Kids"

Any suggestions.

Thanks

zac2566, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions
    In Windows 10, version 1511, the following Group Policies apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.

Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers [​IMG]

Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ation-editions

Cluster Head, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers

1. Windows 10 Education Group Policy effect for Personal Computers - Similar Threads - Education Group Policy

2. Why is it that I'm beholden to the effects of Group Policy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it that I'm beholden to the effects of Group Policy...: ...when I'm running Windows 10 Home...? "This setting is managed by your administrator." Like hell, it is.. I'M the administrator here and I'm not able to manage ****. I can't USE Group Policy, but it sure can use me. I can't touch most of my security center, I can't run disk...
  3. Why is it that I'm beholden to the effects of Group Policy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it that I'm beholden to the effects of Group Policy...: ...when I'm running Windows 10 Home...? "This setting is managed by your administrator." Like hell, it is.. I'M the administrator here and I'm not able to manage ****. I can't USE Group Policy, but it sure can use me. I can't touch most of my security center, I can't run disk...
  4. Why is it that I'm beholden to the effects of Group Policy...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Group Policy

Windows 10 Group Policy: I need to Run My Dot Net C# application to be run with admin privileges' without UAC. So I have mistakenly added my exe name in group policy under "allow to run only specified windows application" and restarted system.Now I am not able to access any of windows application not...
  6. Windows 10 Group Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Group Policy: I need to Run My Dot Net C# application to be run with admin privileges' without UAC. So I have mistakenly added my exe name in group policy under "allow to run only specified windows application" and restarted system.Now I am not able to access any of windows application not...
  7. OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education: I have 2,000+ devices that are managed by Microsoft Intune. OneDrive is not loading properly on the devices. Users can access their files through a web browser, but OneDrive does not show up in file explorer. I found that the local group policy "Prevent the usage of OneDrive...
  8. Group Computer Policy

Group Computer Policy: How do I download this so I can change group policy so I can control my windows 10 and use administrator permission on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-computer-policy/89de94c2-4708-47e7-8231-2a538d410310
  9. Windows 10 Education User Group Policy's

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Education User Group Policy's: Hi, I have a set up two Windows 10 Education Edition laptops. I would like to configure them both with the same settings/permissions. How can a I make a "User Group" and add policies to it. For example: Have a "User Group" called "Kids" and then be allowed to...
  10. Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions In Windows 10, version 1511, the following Group Policies apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education. [img] Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ation-editions...