Windows 10: Windows 10 Education License Transfer

Discus and support Windows 10 Education License Transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently obtained a Windows 10 Education key via my university's webstore on OnTheHub. I am currently installing Windows 10 Education on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Harsh P, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Harsh P Win User

Windows 10 Education License Transfer

Hello,

I recently obtained a Windows 10 Education key via my university's webstore on OnTheHub. I am currently installing Windows 10 Education on my MacBook Air via BootCamp.

If, in the future, I buy a different laptop (MacBook or PC), will I be able to use my current Windows 10 Education license on the new computer after formatting my BootCamp partition from this computer as long as I have the license key?

Thank you!

:)

Harsh P, Sep 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Education license transfer

I have a freedos laptop. I was bought Windows 8.1 Pro retail and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free. In this situation I can transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to another computer, right? But I recently upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education.
    My Windows 10 product key was supplied by school webstore (operated by Onthehub). So I have a question. Onthehub support team said I cannot transfer Windows 10 Education to another PC. But I heard Upgrade license's right is same that before upgrade OS's right.
    Is it true? If it is right can I transfer Windows 10 Education to another computer? Because I have a Windows 10 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 retail(FPP).

Lehigh River, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Windows 10 Education license transfer

Hi,

You might be able to transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer depending on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed.

• If you upgraded from a retail copy of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, you can transfer it.
    • If you upgraded from a pre-installed/OEM Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, it can’t be transferred.
    • If you have a full retail copy of Windows 10, you can transfer it as long as you have the product key.

You can visit this thread, and check Andre Da Costa’s answer
    for reference.

Karen Her, Sep 19, 2019
  4. WH Low Win User

Windows 10 Education downgrade and license transfer

Hi,

I have a laptop is using Windows 10 Home Single Language upgraded from Windows 8.1.

Then I upgraded it using Windows 10 Education key.

I have some questions below.

1. My Windows 10 Home Single Language can be considered as an OEM license, right?

2. I am planning to downgrade back to Windows 10 Home Single Language from Windows 10 Education, can it be done? If so, would like to know about the steps to perform it.

3. After downgrading, I would like to use my Windows 10 Education key for another PC. Would also like to know can it be done and the steps to perform it.

Appreciate if anyone can help on this.

Thanks and regards,

Low Wen Hong.

WH Low, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Education License Transfer - Similar Threads - Education License Transfer

2. Windows 10 Education License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education License: I have installed Windows 10 Education when I was studied in my university. Can I still use it when I graduated from my university? and is it legal? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education-license/c55dea88-1a53-45c3-8f50-39138a49906e"
  3. Windows 10 Education license for work

Windows 10 Education license for work: Hi Can I use Windows 10 education license to work and make money with ? Or this is prohibited by the license agreement ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education-license-for-work/2890df04-0d46-4cd2-801c-0ed5ea637825"
  4. Windows 10 License transfer

Windows 10 License transfer: Hi, I'm trying to clarify a windows 10 license transfer question. I have been researching this question and I can't seem to get a concrete answer to my particular scenario. So any help here would be most appreciated. I have an old Dell computer that came with windows 8.0...
  5. Windows 10 Education downgrade and license transfer

Windows 10 Education downgrade and license transfer: Hi, I have a laptop is using Windows 10 Home Single Language upgraded from Windows 8.1. Then I upgraded it using Windows 10 Education key. I have some questions below. 1. My Windows 10 Home Single Language can be considered as an OEM license, right? 2. I am planning to...
  6. Window 10 License Transfer

Window 10 License Transfer: Hello, I am using a MSI laptop that comes pre-installed with Window 10, so if I am going to build a desktop to replace the laptop, is it possible to transfer the window 10 from my laptop to the new PC? It cost a lot for a new Window 10 product key , around 400$ converted from...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 License?

Transfer Windows 10 License?: I’m building a new PC in a few days, and I want to know if I can use my Windows 10 key on my current computer on the new one. I’m fine with ‘deactivating’ Windows on my current computer....
  8. Transferring Windows 10 license

Transferring Windows 10 license: I have recently bought a desktop & will sale my laptop. My laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed & then I upgraded to windows 10. Note:I don't have a product key & activation status says "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account". Now,...
  9. Windows 10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license transfer: My main PC has non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise, so i wish to transfer Windows 10 license from laptop that I don't use anymore but it has Windows 10 pro. How can I transfer Windows 10 pro from a computer to another computer which already has Enterprise version of Windows?...
  10. Windows 10 education transfer

Windows 10 education transfer: I have the windows 10 education currently installed on my laptop. Is it possible to transfer it to my other PC? I got the license from onthehub because I'm a student....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows education license issues