Windows 10: Windows 10 Education - Login Expiry

Discus and support Windows 10 Education - Login Expiry in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hoping someone here has gone through the same problem and managed to solve it. Was given a Windows 10 Education key through university a few years back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NGHTWNG22, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Education - Login Expiry

Hoping someone here has gone through the same problem and managed to solve it. Was given a Windows 10 Education key through university a few years back for my personal computer, and installed on my new desktop at the time. Made the annoyingly stupid mistake back then of setting the default account to my uni email rather than create a new microsoft email. Am now graduating from uni and have been told by them that my uni email account will be nerfed at the end of next month which will mean I can also no longer login on my computer as it is set as the only verification method.

As the option to now add a local account is greyed out within settings, have talked to Microsoft support, and been told that I'm unable to change this to a personal email or set up a local account at this point, and I should just wipe the boot drive with all data, buy and reinstall a new copy of Win10 with my personal account. Looking at the tedious process of transferring close to a TB of data, reinstalling dozens of programs and setting up everything again. Surely there is a way to avoid this enormous pain?

Really hoping someone can help. Many Thanks.

submitted by /u/NGHTWNG22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NGHTWNG22, Jul 27, 2020
  2. ajames21 Win User

Question WIndows 10 Education

Thanks for the information but I do have another question about windows 10 education does the product key of the windows 10 education say if there is going to be any expiry date. Also does windows 10 education includes xbox app for windows 10 education
    since i'm a pc gamer.

ajames21, Jul 27, 2020
  3. TonyGiann Win User
    Will Windows 10 Education expire?

Does Windows 10 Education has an expiry date? I have downloaded it for free from Dreamspark.

TonyGiann, Jul 27, 2020
  4. ajames21 Win User

Windows 10 Education - Login Expiry

Question WIndows 10 Education

Hello I have a question you see I have a windows 8.1 pro and I downloaded a windows 10 education version iso from msdn site, my question is once I activate the windows 10 education is it free forever or is there any expiry date for the license?

Also what is the difference between windows 10 education, windows 10 home and windows 10 pro?

ajames21, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Education - Login Expiry

1. Windows 10 Education - Login Expiry - Similar Threads - Education Login Expiry

2. Windows 10 pro expiry time?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro expiry time?: Hi, I am trying to find out when my digital licence will expire for my WIN 10 PRO. There was some kind of popup warning, time for me was running out, but I can't remember if I'm covered for 2021? Can I type in my Product Key somewhere to find this info? Any help would be...
  3. Windows 10 Education - Account Expiry

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Education - Account Expiry: Hi everyone. I'm currently running Win10 Education on my desktop using the free key provided by my university and the login is therefore my uni email. Now that I'm graduating, I have been told that the email account will be deleted in a short while, and thus I won't be...
  4. windows licence expiry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows licence expiry: My pc keeps on poping a message that my windows licence is abaut to expire.When i try to insert the product key it doesnt work.Could you please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-licence-expiry/6ac6445d-81e7-4f28-8053-99d158184ef9"
  5. Windows 10 Education ; cant login with personal account

Windows 10 Education ; cant login with personal account: Hi I have recently built a new system and installed Windows 10 and added my user account. Due to upgrading the hardware I couldn't find activate using my Windows Insider details and couldn't find detail of my old key. I used my Win 10 Education edition university key...
  6. Windows expiry question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows expiry question: I bought my pc about 6 months ago on eBay. I haven't had any problems with it until now. Every time I start up I get a notification saying my windows key will expire soon, I did some googling and its apparently really bad when it expires 9constant rebooting and then the pc...
  7. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Education

Cannot Login to Windows 10 Education: Hello! I was trying to login through safe mode in windows 10 but it won't accept my password. I already tried booting up in safe mode with networking but my wired ethernet cable is not detected. I also tried using command prompt but i must have admin privileges which i don't...
  8. windows expiry and activation

windows expiry and activation: My HP desktop PC came with Windows 10 OS inbuilt right from the date of purchase. Why then all on a sudden message started coming for windows expiry and activation ?...
  9. windows 10 expiry notice

windows 10 expiry notice: Hi, My client is running windows 10 pro, but one of the pc last week suddenly display dialog windows about to expire at random time. I just check control panel->system, it say windows is activated. Is there a reason why all the sudden this one pc displaying windows...
  10. windows 10 expiry

windows 10 expiry: Our laptop had an issue about 6 months ago, windows 10 had to be unistalled and reinstalled and we have just found out that the person who did this did not reinstall the original version we had on our laptop.We are now getting error messages which say windows is about to...