Windows 10: Windows 10 Education, problem with Oldrim(Skyrim old edition) mods.

Discus and support Windows 10 Education, problem with Oldrim(Skyrim old edition) mods. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First of all hello microsoft community. I am a student, and I got this Windows 10 Education for free and it seems to be like any other Windows version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dino Dedić, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Education, problem with Oldrim(Skyrim old edition) mods.

First of all hello microsoft community. I am a student, and I got this Windows 10 Education for free and it seems to be like any other Windows version only with some extra "options". Now I am guessing, okay then it should be fine running any game with no problem, and it does. So... the problem here is that it seems that mods on Skyrim don't work (no worries I've installed them correctly a few hundred times while I was playing on my Windows 7 before).

When I contacted Windows Support, they've tried everything but didn't solve it. The last thing they said to me is that Windows 10 Education is built the way it won't let "foreign" files to interfere on my game or pc. I don't understand why is this a thing Microsoft? My friend uses Windows 10 Professional and mods the life out of this game and he runs it with no problems at all. For those who know much about Skyrim, mods aren't harmful in any sorts. Even the Official High Resolution Textures Pack won't load. I tried running as an admin, installing with mod manager, mod loader, manually.... nothing!

As I have over 500 hours of gameplay put into this game, I was modding it maybe a 100 hours of that time. I looked up at the internet most of them said that Windows 10 Education is like any other version of Windows, only with more options, and it's free for students. I hope some of you Windows 10 Education users can help me, or pray that Microsoft will bring an update that will remove this blockade. Windows 10 Education, problem with Oldrim(Skyrim old edition) mods. :(

:)

Dino Dedić, Feb 16, 2019
  2. sbheck Win User

I can't install any mods to Skyrim - Windows 10 will not allow any.

I install Skyrim to my computer using Windows 10. The game plays ok until I try to install a Nexus mod or a steam mod then it CTD's and will not recover-ever.I reinstalled and if even went to the start window-DATA button and changed one of the check boxes
    - it CTD'd. In short on the fourth reinstall -after I'd deleted all Steam files, all skyrim files, I was able to get an install that has been working for three days. I don't look at it crosseyed or anything and turned off "Share" in the steam setting. Cannot
    get anyone at steam to pay attention or offer more than written platitudes about how "this has proven to be helpfull-None of which work.

I've played Skyrim for over 700 hours on XP and W 7and went to a new computer with W 10 when I could get nothing but CTD's on my other machines, and my attempts to get the problems solved through steam and bethsoft were futile.

Now with all this does anyone know where to find the way to install mods on a W10 machine??

sbheck, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us...55&MSPPError=-2147217396#windows-10-education

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Education, problem with Oldrim(Skyrim old edition) mods.

I can't install any mods to Skyrim - Windows 10 will not allow any.

Perhaps you should describe a bit how you are installing mods (and which mods, please). I've quite a lot of Skyrim mods installed (from visuals to funny cheat mods), but never encountered an issue like yours. Make no mistake: Mods
    can cause CTD's but usually not if you follow the installation instructions
    line by line. Some require SKSE to run properly, some a Mod Manager... you get the point.

Sanmartin2016, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Education, problem with Oldrim(Skyrim old edition) mods.

1. Windows 10 Education, problem with Oldrim(Skyrim old edition) mods. - Similar Threads - Education problem Oldrim

2. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  3. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  4. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Skyrim special edition display problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skyrim special edition display problems: hello, I've been playing Skyrim for a few years and its still to this day one of my favorite games, so when I upgraded to pc I was so exited to start another game and even play with mods for the first time. However after downloading and launched the game for the first time it...
  6. Windows 10 Education Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education Edition: Hi all, My wife can get Windows 10 Education Edition through her college. I plan on getting her a custom built desktop. What do I need to do to get windows activated on the new computer? Is it as simple as turning on the new computer, connecting to the internet and...
  7. Mods on Oldrim (Skyrim old edition) game do not work, Windows 10 Education.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mods on Oldrim (Skyrim old edition) game do not work, Windows 10 Education.: First of all hello microsoft community. I am a student, and I got this Windows 10 Education for free and it seems to be like any other Windows version only with some extra "options". Now I am guessing, okay then it should be fine running any game with no problem, and it does....
  8. Windows 10 Education Edition

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Education Edition: Hi I am Faisal Khan from India, and I am student of National Institute of Open Schooling simply NIOS which is the largest Open schooling community currently I am using pirated windows 10 due to restriction of my parents, I want to use genuine window because pirated is very...
  9. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511. Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key. So i started up the first one, got to do the...
  10. Windows 10 Education edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education edition: I have an OEM license Windows 7 Home Premium and I upgraded to Windows 10 Home during initial period of Windows 10 free upgrade. My questions are: (1) Can I upgrade again to Windows 10 education edition from Windows 10 Home provided by my university volume licensing? It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with oldrim mods game crashing