Windows 10: Windows 10 Education to Home

Discus and support Windows 10 Education to Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops, which both of them came with windows 10 home edition already installed. I tried using education version of windows 10 (it is free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HyunminJeong, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Education to Home

I have 2 laptops, which both of them came with windows 10 home edition already installed.

I tried using education version of windows 10 (it is free for college students) for both of the laptops. I registered the education version product key on my first laptop, and then used the same key on second laptop. My first laptop then showed "activate windows" watermark, even though it started with a home edition.

Then, I tried to use that key back on my first computer, and it did not work. I tried going back to home edition for my second computer, but there was no function like "unused educational product key". Even resetting the laptop wont go back to manufacturer's windows, and still uses my registered education version key.

In order to "unregister" my educational key, I just removed windows from my second laptop. However, when I try to use that key on my first laptop, it still shows that the key is in use, and "activate windows" watermark still remains.

In short, I am supposed to have 3 windows 10's (two came with laptops, and one education), but after messing up with education version stuff, I ended up with none. I might be able to get education version on my second laptop by reinstalling windows on it, but I do not want windows on that machine anymore.

So my questions are:

1. Is there any way to go back to manufacturer's windows 10 home edition, after registering education product key on that machine?

2. How can I use educational key on my first laptop again? it says key is still in use.

:)

HyunminJeong, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Education to Home

Windows Education Issue

Are you have Windows 10 Education installed?

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If you don't have the right edition installed, you will need to download and install it.

Step 1:

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website.

Go to the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/vlacademicISO

Windows 10 Education to Home 9b4ebea7-eec2-4952-bf58-fc24a900ff8a.png

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

Windows 10 Education to Home 4b50baf3-7735-4510-a5df-60c21b90e0cf.png

Step 2: Create a bootable copy:

Step 3: perform a clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Education to Home

1. Windows 10 Education to Home - Similar Threads - Education Home

2. Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?: Hello, I would like to find out the following if I change my Windows version: Would I be able to use the Home version for other devices? The Education version is provided by my university, is it permanent? Its from https://portal.azure.com. Thanks in advance =...
  3. Installing windows home from education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows home from education: Can you let me know how to change windows education to Windows home for free I have taken the backup and everything and I have downloaded the latest Windows iso file...
  4. Windows deactivated itself and changed version from home/pro to education. How can I...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated itself and changed version from home/pro to education. How can I...: I changed my pc name and windows forced me to update on the 27th May. After restarting, the activate windows watermark appeared. I found my product key by using wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in powershell admin but when I key in the key, it...
  5. I want to change from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home

I want to change from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home: Hello, When I built my computer, I used a key that let me get Windows 10 Education, but not actually activate it. Recently while cleaning out some stuff, I found my old windows 10 home key. How do I change what version of windows I am using without losing my data?...
  6. Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Would I lose any features or programs in-place upgrading Windows 10 Home to Education?: I’m considering this on my HP Spectre x360 but not sure if there’s anything that would disappear such as inking programs and the like? submitted by /u/EvenNotOdd [link] [comments]...
  7. Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home

Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home: Hi, I bought a laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. While I've been at university, I used a licence provided by them to upgrade to Windows Education. Now I'm finishing university, I want to revert back to the Home edition. I've seen instructions about downloading the...
  8. Windows 10 Home to Education

Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello, currently I have Windows 10 Home installed, I was wondering if I were to insert a Windows 10 Education key, would it automatically upgrade, also would it keep my data and apps that were installed?...
  9. Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home/Pro

Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home/Pro: I currently have Windows 10 Education installed on my computer. Is there an easy way to legally switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro without buying a new product key?...
  10. Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home: Hello there, My Windows 10 Education license was a week ago expired. I also won't get a new code, because I finished my education from my school. I want to activate my windows again, but Education keys/CD's are not easy to get. I was wondering that I could switch from Windows...