Windows 10: Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there...I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop, and just became a part time student again. I received a Key to upgrade my Home edition to Educational,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CaseyHarris4, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working

Hi there...I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop, and just became a part time student again. I received a Key to upgrade my Home edition to Educational, but at the "Enter a product key" prompt to "Change product key," I'm getting an error stating that the product key I've entered doesn't work, with error 0x800f0805. Tech support at the school says the key should be valid.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance!

:)

CaseyHarris4, Sep 16, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 16, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working

Upgrade windows home to windows education

Have you tried upgrading by using only the product key?

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key

Enter your Windows 10 Education key

Click Next

Should be upgraded within 5 to 10 minutes, personal files, apps and settings preserved.

Learn more:

If the problem persist, I suggest you repair your Windows 10 Home installation first:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working

1. Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working - Similar Threads - Education Upgrade Key

2. Will education key works on pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will education key works on pro?: Hi i have windows 11 education key via my university Can i use it to activate pro or homeOr its only for education versionsAnd is there really a difference between them?THANKS...
  3. Will education key works on pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will education key works on pro?: Hi i have windows 11 education key via my university Can i use it to activate pro or homeOr its only for education versionsAnd is there really a difference between them?THANKS...
  4. received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.: error - "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one 0x800f0805."Had previously attempted install: "Unable to upgrade your edition. Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the...
  5. Education Product Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Education Product Key Not Working: Hey, guys, I just got a Windows 10 Education key through OnTheHub using my college email however when I input the key, I get this error code: 0x800F0805. What should I do here?...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Education

Upgrading to Windows 10 Education: I am currently a student using Windows 10 Home. One of my assignments require me to check my Local Security Policy on my PC, which isn't available on Windows 10 Home. The school gave me a product key for Windows 10 Education to upgrade from Home. When I enter the product key...
  7. Windows 10 Education key

Windows 10 Education key: Hi, I installed Windows 10 Home on a PC without a key. I also have Windows 10 Education key from Azure I'm a student, but the system says that the key is not valid it wasn't used on any device, I tried to activate it in System settings. Do I have to install Windows 10...
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education doesn't work

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education doesn't work: I received a Windows 10 Education activation key from "onthehub" site. But whenever I type my key number on my computer, it doesn't work with error code 0x800f0805. I want to know the answer to solve this problem :...
  9. Fresh product key to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Education does not work.

Fresh product key to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Education does not work.: Hi. I'm a student, and a few minutes ago I created new account which I linked to my university email. I got a free windows 10 education product key, however when I enter it, I get an error saying "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 educational

Upgrading to Windows 10 educational: I cannot upgrade my Windows 10 Pro to the new 10 Education because I receive an error "The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn’t supported by this tool." I didn’t get any errors when upgraded to Windows 10 Home and then to Windows...