Windows 10: Windows 10 EFI partition missing

Discus and support Windows 10 EFI partition missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an ASUS GL502VS which I previously had dual boot with Ubuntu. Until the last Windows update it was working fine. I tried installing the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by afkplus85, Feb 12, 2020.

1. afkplus85 Win User

Windows 10 EFI partition missing

I have an ASUS GL502VS which I previously had dual boot with Ubuntu. Until the last Windows update it was working fine. I tried installing the latest Windows 10 update I guess 1909 yesterday. At first it worked fine but after a restart I realized that it isn't working properly my web browsers wasn't able to resolve the DNS for example. I decided to reinstall Windows. I created a recovery drive. I booted from this drive and installed Windows using the drive. Now I can't boot into Windows. The EFI boot partition seems to be missing and whatever I tried I wasn't able to get it working. Any suggestions?

:)

afkplus85, Feb 12, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Windows 10 EFI partition missing :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Suvrat18 Win User
    Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 EFI partition missing

EFI partition missing

I bought a new SSD and did a clean installation of Windows 10 on the new drive, but i'm still keeping my old HDD into my laptop as a secondary drive.

After the installation worked (the laptop was working correctly) I decided to format my old HDD. After a reboot i got this message "default boot device missing, select a new boot device" but in the list there isn't any any element to choose. I booted from
    USB and checked with DISKPART from Prompt and there isn't any EFI partition in the SSD. I even tried with bootrec but it says "access denied" and the boot recovery tool isn't working either. My laptop can't boot and I can only use prompt. Can anybody help
    me?

SalvatoreCS, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 EFI partition missing

1. Windows 10 EFI partition missing - Similar Threads - EFI partition missing

2. Windows 10 EFI partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 EFI partitions: VinceS2 On Mar 20, 2022, VinceS2 updated the extremely helpful instructions he originally posted on August 22, 2020 re: EFI partitions that are not properly configured.My operating system crashed when a large Windows 10 Update Feb 2022 failed. My printer also stopped working....
  3. Windows 10 EFI partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 EFI partitions: VinceS2 On Mar 20, 2022, VinceS2 updated the extremely helpful instructions he originally posted on August 22, 2020 re: EFI partitions that are not properly configured.My operating system crashed when a large Windows 10 Update Feb 2022 failed. My printer also stopped working....
  4. Windows 10 EFI partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  6. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  7. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING

Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING: Today I decided to clean install Windows 10 on my new SSD and format the old one.I used the pen-drive installer to install windows 10 on my SSD but when I got to Disk Management to format my old HDD.I see that my SSD does not have a recovery partition OR a EFI PartitionI...
  9. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...
  10. EFI partition missing

EFI partition missing: I bought a new SSD and did a clean installation of Windows 10 on the new drive, but i'm still keeping my old HDD into my laptop as a secondary drive. After the installation worked (the laptop was working correctly) I decided to format my old HDD. After a reboot i got this...