Windows 10: Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right!

Discus and support Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have restored a Windows 10 system hard disk from an Acronis True Image backup. The result, displayed in the disk management tool, is a disk with two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard_Sp, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right!

I have restored a Windows 10 system hard disk from an Acronis True Image backup. The result, displayed in the disk management tool, is a disk with two EFI system partitions. One is 4.19 GB, the other is 1026 GB. On a 2 TB hard drive, this leaves only 830 GB for system and other files.

Windows starts, but the setup of this HD is clearly wrong - there should be one 500 MB EFI partition, as there was on the original system HD.

Any suggestions for figuring out whether I can remove one of the two EFI partitions, and reduce the size of the other, would be welcome.

Thanks.

:)

Richard_Sp, Jan 12, 2019
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right! :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Suvrat18 Win User
    Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Jan 12, 2019
  4. trog100 Win User

Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right!

Move EFI partition

i have a dual boot (win 10 and android tablet) it only has a 32 gig system drive with a 16 gig partition for win 10..

the 16 gig is not enough for windows updates.. i dont need or use android so i have deleted all the android partitions.. so far so good i have another 10 gigs of space on the system drive..

i created a new volume which shows up as drive D.. my idea was to merge the two partitions giving me more C drive space for win 10 so as to enable enough upgrade space..

the pic below should show my problem.. i cant merge the two partitions because there is a system EFI file in between them.. *Smile Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right! :)

does anyone know how to move the EFI partition.. cos as yet i dont.. he he

Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right! move-efi.jpg

google shows me other people wanting to do the same thing but no answers.. or at least none i can make much sense of.. *Smile Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right! :)

its a teclast x89 tablet..

trog

trog100, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right!

1. Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right! - Similar Threads - EFI partitions aren't

2. Windows 10 EFI partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 EFI partitions: VinceS2 On Mar 20, 2022, VinceS2 updated the extremely helpful instructions he originally posted on August 22, 2020 re: EFI partitions that are not properly configured.My operating system crashed when a large Windows 10 Update Feb 2022 failed. My printer also stopped working....
  3. Windows 10 EFI partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 EFI partitions: VinceS2 On Mar 20, 2022, VinceS2 updated the extremely helpful instructions he originally posted on August 22, 2020 re: EFI partitions that are not properly configured.My operating system crashed when a large Windows 10 Update Feb 2022 failed. My printer also stopped working....
  4. Windows 10 EFI partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  6. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  7. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 EFI partition missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 EFI partition missing: I have an ASUS GL502VS which I previously had dual boot with Ubuntu. Until the last Windows update it was working fine. I tried installing the latest Windows 10 update I guess 1909 yesterday. At first it worked fine but after a restart I realized that it isn't working...
  9. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...
  10. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...