Windows 10: Windows 10 egg timer (I wish!)

Discus and support Windows 10 egg timer (I wish!) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having used Windows 7 for several years I just got a new laptop with Windows 10. It's awful. How can I get rid of those nasty pulsating dots (be they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DoubleFelix, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 egg timer (I wish!)

Having used Windows 7 for several years I just got a new laptop with Windows 10. It's awful. How can I get rid of those nasty pulsating dots (be they circular or linear) while I'm waiting for something to happen? I have to look away lest they induce an epileptic fit!

:)

DoubleFelix, Mar 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update -mouse pointer has a flashing "egg timer"

Hi all, I recently downloaded the latest Windows update & all appears well,except for one niggling problem. Whenever I go onto a Windows 10 screen, my mouse pointer has a flashing "egg timer" alongside it,which is rather annoying. I run Windows 10, 64 bit
    on a pc & this ONLY occurs when I click on the start screen & go into 10. There's no problem on Chrome or Opera or my normal desktop.

Any ideas please on how to fix this. Thanks, John

JohnFrankton, Mar 14, 2019
  3. A timer

I am amazed I cannot find a normal timer in my mobile phone (like for cooking eggs for instance)

Is there a program for this?

danstaffan, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 egg timer (I wish!)

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 egg timer (I wish!)

1. Windows 10 egg timer (I wish!) - Similar Threads - egg timer wish

2. Windows XP easter egg in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows XP easter egg in Windows 10?: Did you miss old times you're using Windows XP? Now, some Windows 10 users found a hidden easter egg, which is the Windows XP mode and can be found in System32 folder. In XP mode, you'll really look like you're using a real Windows XP. To exit the XP mode and revert back to...
  3. I wish to save my pictures

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I wish to save my pictures: I have problems with my Dell which I believe can be solved only by wiping and re install. or so Dell tells me Is there a way a stupid man can download his pics to a disc or whatever and reinstall later? I have pictures in Pictures Fotoroom Downloads and Canon whatever....
  4. Wish List

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wish List: My wish list for Windows 10: Get the update 1809 out NOW. Have a better restore to an earlier time fixed so it works Fix the built-in full restore Fix it so I can install my Office that I paid good money for. Don't give a damn that it is really old. I am hoping others can...
  5. How do I set wake timers

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set wake timers: I have followed this process and Enabled the "Allow wake timers" in the Advanced Settings/Sleep" section, but I cannot see how to set an Awake Timer. I am wanting to set Sleep after one hour but to wake it up at midnight (say) in order for online backups, updates, etc to...
  6. can I change the sound of the timer?

can I change the sound of the timer?: can I change the sound of the timer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/can-i-change-the-sound-of-the-timer/adae08c5-3966-41f6-8ac3-a6b0b81ecbb8
  7. How to Customize Windows 10 Themes (wish I knew)

How to Customize Windows 10 Themes (wish I knew): It used to be very easy in Windows 7 to modify and customize existing Themes. We had four functions at the bottom of the Theme selection page to modify "Desktop Background", "Window Color", "Sounds", and "Screen Saver". Well, it seems that some bone head at M$ has decided...
  8. Windows 10: wish I could trade it for persistence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10: wish I could trade it for persistence: Oh where or where can my Windows 10 be, Oh where oh where can it be Impatience is a terrible trait...wish I could trade it for persistence *What 9368
  9. View Wake Timers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Wake Timers in Windows 10: Hi Brink , just tried this and am wondering if it should show a list or just one item ? The reason I ask is it showed me a task i wanted scheduled but not to wake the computer , so I changed the Task , (I had missed the Wake checkbox) ran the command again to check it was...
  10. Windows Easter Egg?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Easter Egg?: I can remember the good ol' days of the Atari 2600 and playing "Adventure" in order to unlock the game designer's previously hidden, 'Easter Egg.' [img] But I heard that Windows 10 has a "Secret Dark Metro Theme." What's the secret? I mean, how can I enable it?...