Windows 10: Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login

Discus and support Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The problem from the older thread about graphic driver persisted, but uninstall and reinstalling the same driver didn't do anything to fix at all. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShadowCodeR, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login

The problem from the older thread about graphic driver persisted, but uninstall and reinstalling the same driver didn't do anything to fix at all.

It was fine yesterday until I put it to sleep and left it for around 3 hours. The laptop froze a lot when I tried to login in and before it froze completely when the spinning circle came up but no 'welcome' word popped out. I forced shutdown at that moment, but the laptop couldn't even get to the login screen as it was completely blocked with a black screen so I had to force shutdown a few more times until I got to the welcome screen, but the black screen sometimes came back so I had to force shutdown again.

When it did log me in, all it did was freezing at desktop screen and the taskbar rarely responded. I can't open anything other than the sticky notes that opened automatically when I booted to the desktop. Shutting down normally was almost impossible because the start menu and cortana hardly responded. I couldn't check the CPU draining processes because the task manager wouldn't even open. Seriously, I desperately need quick fix! I don't care if it's only temporary as long as I can use the laptop normally for at least 3 more days without reinstall this whole garbage!

Solutions I tried:
    1. Boot to safe mode, run DDU to uninstall nvidia driver, restart (failed to start normally), reinstall: not working at all, hardly did anything
    2. Update the recently forced one: nothing happened
    3. Use sfc command in safe mode: the command didn't even run

Other noticable oddities:
    Every time I could login into my desktop, the fan ran very fast and noisy for at least 10 mins. Leaving the frozen laptop would continuously run the fan very fast.

:)

ShadowCodeR, Mar 15, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Mar 15, 2019
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Mar 15, 2019
  4. BraveSoul Win User

Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login

how to disable login screen in windows 7

how to disable the sometimes annoying login screen
    read below

BraveSoul, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login

1. Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login - Similar Threads - either freezes login

2. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  3. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  4. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  6. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  7. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Hi, I have a desktop PC, about 6 years old, running Windows 10. In the last few days, it was coming up with a black screen showing the curser only, randomly, after being used for a short while nothing specifc seemed to trigger it, I was just browsing the Internet or...
  8. Black screen before login

Black screen before login: Build 1903 During computet action: restore point restorin pc registry files message Hard shoutdown preformed! Now computer has black screen after boot! No sign in loaded Harddrivr LED blinking Is there a way to fix!...
  9. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  10. Windows 10, black screen before login

Windows 10, black screen before login: Hi, I've got a very recent computer that stopped working today. This is a i9 7920x with two 2080 ti , 128 Go of RAM running windows 10 64 pro that I use to work 3d and 2d softwares. The screens were suddenly blocked and with colored artifacts, windows wasn't responding...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows freezes black at login screen