Windows 10: Windows 10 either not booting or graphics issue

Discus and support Windows 10 either not booting or graphics issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I’ve had an old laptop with a triple boot setup (windows 10, ubuntu and arch). Ive upgrading my laptop and wish to keep my current drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mhuss10, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Mhuss10 Win User

Windows 10 either not booting or graphics issue

Hi all,

I’ve had an old laptop with a triple boot setup (windows 10, ubuntu and arch). Ive upgrading my laptop and wish to keep my current drive.

The new computer supports uefi, although i’ve turned on the legacy boot option in the BIOS. Both my arch distributions boot and work fine however when I try to load up windows 10, I just get a purple screen (ubuntu background color) and it gets stuck there.

If I put my hard drive in my old laptop, all is fine which is why I am not sure if windows boot up on my new laptop or whether it is a graphics issue that windows is having.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Mhuss10, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 26, 2019
  3. graphics card issue in Windows 10

Hi Harish,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I would suggest you to follow the same steps above suggested by Jenith_James and select the previous operating system like
    Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7 and install it
    and check if it helps.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    following the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver and select
      Update driver software.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the
    graphics card drivers and
    update and check.

Refer: How
    to install and update the drivers

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 either not booting or graphics issue

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 either not booting or graphics issue

1. Windows 10 either not booting or graphics issue - Similar Threads - either booting graphics

2. Either monitor issue or windows issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Either monitor issue or windows issue: I have observed that when I have multiple applications open, some of them appear transparent or see-through, which affects the overall usability of my system. This issue seems to be linked to my monitor, as it consistently occurs in this setup....
  3. Either monitor issue or windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Either monitor issue or windows issue: I have observed that when I have multiple applications open, some of them appear transparent or see-through, which affects the overall usability of my system. This issue seems to be linked to my monitor, as it consistently occurs in this setup....
  4. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  5. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  6. AMD Graphics issue in Windows 10

AMD Graphics issue in Windows 10: I have a PC with Win 10 build 19041 installed. The Hardware info is as follows CPU: AMD A8-7410, DGPU: Radeon R5, IGPU: Radeon R7 M360, RAM: 8GB DDR3. I had installed latest AMD drivers Version 20.2.1 AMD Crimson ReLive but while playing CS:GO it gives only 5 fps. I upgraded...
  7. Windows 10 Graphics issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Graphics issues: Hi there. I have a very irritating issue relating to my laptop's graphics. When the screen has a dark background, brightness decreases and when the screen has a light background, the brightness of my display increases. It's so annoying. So, here are some details: Intel...
  8. Windows 10 Video Graphics Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Video Graphics Issue: Hello! I'm experiencing some problems with Windows 10 in VirtualBox (hopefully you can help) after I changed the video memory for the virtual machine. First I changed 2D and 3D acceleration markers to enabled and increased the video memory from 128 to 256 - and now the Start...
  9. Windows 10 or Graphic card issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 or Graphic card issue: [img] Hi, Any advice on this? 69595
  10. Windows 10 Graphical Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Graphical Boot Menu: I tried switching to the graphical boot menu though the cmd but when I restart it is still the text based one. Is there something I am missing? 74012