Windows 10: Windows 10 ejects DVD & opens explorer windows, says insert disc?

Discus and support Windows 10 ejects DVD & opens explorer windows, says insert disc? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of my computers is currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 build 10586.71 and I've recently been having a very strange problem: Despite the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NormAtHome, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Windows 10 ejects DVD & opens explorer windows, says insert disc?

One of my computers is currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 build 10586.71 and I've recently been having a very strange problem: Despite the fact that all my autoplay options for DVD's and Blu-ray's are set to "Do nothing" almost every time I insert a DVD or Blu-ray disc an Explorer window opens to the DVD drive, the disc is ejected and a dialog that says "Insert disc" appears. If I'm persistent enough and insert it 15 or 20 times it'll stop and the disc isn't ejected and I can open it with either VLC or another software player. This problem is not just a single disc but multiple DVD and blue-ray movies, the discs are clean and play just fine in other Windows 7 and 10 computers as well as standalone Blu-Ray players.

I've looked around and I only found one thread with one other person complaining about this problem (from back in September 2015) and he said it went away after some Windows updates. Has anyone see this, have any idea's how to fix it?

:)

NormAtHome, Feb 5, 2016

2. the cd/dvd drive does not work

When I push the button to open the cd/dvd drive it opens, every troubleshoot says there is no problem, but the disk does not spin, and the app associated with the disk just says "Please Insert Disk"... Under Explorer, It says DVD DRIVE L, says everything
    is fine, when you hit eject though, nothing...

shreenlatif, Feb 5, 2016
  3. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks.

I have gone through trouble shooting stage.

In Device manager the DVD/CD drives are shown as working correctly, the DVD drive is showing in File Explorer. When I right click properties it shows as working correctly.

When a disc is inserted and I left click on the drive in File Explorer it ejects the disc and asks for a disc to be inserted. It is therefore not recognising a valid disc.

Have you any suggestions

Regards

johnwbeasley, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 ejects DVD & opens explorer windows, says insert disc?

From your description of the problem action and my experience I'd go with the drive itself being the problem.

Berton, Feb 5, 2016
  5. I'm not going to dismiss that possibility out of hand but I have three computers with Pioneer BDR-209D Blu-ray drives in them and I've never had any kind of problem with them. Since the other guy said the problem fixed itself after a Windows update I'd think this is more of a Windows issue than a hardware issue.

NormAtHome, Feb 5, 2016
  6. clutz35 Win User
    Did you ever solve this problem? I've been having it for the first time recently after updating Win 10

clutz35, Jun 1, 2016
  7. I'm sorry to say that I didn't, I finally grew so frustrated with a slew of assorted problems in Windows 10 that I swapped in a new hard drive and bought a new Windows 8.1 license and reinstalled Windows 8.1 from scratch and the problem was gone.

And that was using the same Pioneer Blu-Ray drive so the problem is certainly not the drive itself. Maybe you can try the Microsoft Technet forums, perhaps they can give you an idea what's going on.

NormAtHome, Jun 1, 2016
  8. clutz35 Win User

Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the help though!

clutz35, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 ejects DVD & opens explorer windows, says insert disc? - Similar Threads - ejects DVD opens

2. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  3. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  4. My PC keeps saying insert disc into DVD drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC keeps saying insert disc into DVD drive.: I have Windows 10 on my PC. Recently I tried moving files but a pop keeps saying "insert disc into DVD drive". I tried updating the driver, as was suggested in other forums, but it had no effect. Restarted several times. Nothing changed. How can I save or move files? Having...
  5. DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted: I have been facing this problem after updating to Windows version 1903. It continues now after upgrading to version 2004 of May 2020. I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653H optical drive on my DELL Vostro 460 desktop. The drive recognizes all CDs that I had written / rewritten...
  6. CDROM auto eject after disc insert and click Open on the E drive

CDROM auto eject after disc insert and click Open on the E drive: Hello, my name is Loc Le , i do have the labtop: HP ENVY 17t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC 1. my cd/ dvdw SU208FB 2.No. 3.No. 4.If i right click or click Open, cd/ dvd eject the disc automatically then a message pop up like INSERT THE DISC, PLEASE INSERT THE DISC IN...
  7. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.: For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a...
  8. CD/DVD says;"please insert disk" in windows 10.

CD/DVD says;"please insert disk" in windows 10.: Can not use CD/DVD Device, no autoplay, when asked for disk E the disk will be ejected. How to make it work? 73396
  9. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:: Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this 24241
  10. Windows 10: Insert Disc into drive F: Not reading/working/cd and dvd

Windows 10: Insert Disc into drive F: Not reading/working/cd and dvd: Hi and thanks for your help, I've tried various things, googling things, I am a beginner in computer tech literacy. My windows 10 is not playing or reading my F drive cd's and dvd's. I've read you have to BUY an app to play dvds, but its not reading my cds either in WMP, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ejects dvd and opens explorer window